We just love this place, it's in a beautiful part of the world with lots of terrific romantic country walks. The hotel is so welcoming, friendly and relaxing. It is prime dog walking country and 'well behaved dogs are welcome' , suffice to say ours gets put in kennels!
From arrival nothing is too much trouble. Its country house luxury at it's best.
There is a choice of two restaurants - the Michelin starred Burlington and the Brasserie. We have dined in both and although the Burlington is an experience worth trying we much prefer the more relaxed environement and style of food in the Brasserie. I can especially recommend the pan fried sea bass with taragon risotto, scallops and braised fennel - with a large chilled glass of sauvignon - heaven.
The spa is small and, to be honest, if it is primarily a spa break you were looking for then I wouldn't recommend The Devonshire - has an indoor pool which is rather small but doesn't get busy, a steam room and sauna, a gym and various treatments (which you need to book in advance of arrival)
We keep going back time after time which says it all about the Devonshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 30,000 acres of land on the Bolton Abbey Estate, this impressive 4-star country house hotel boasts an award-winning restaurant, an adult-only spa, a gym and an indoor pool. Skipton is just 5.8 miles away and Harrogate is 16.2 miles away. Each elegant room has a spacious seating area and a flat-screen TV with a DVD player ans satellite channels. All rooms offer different views of The Dales, River Wharfe and Italian Garden, and all rooms feature a luxury bathroom. Situated in the very heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Devonshire Arms Hotel has a luxurious spa featuring a sauna, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool. A range of treatments and massages are available and the property also has outdoor tennis courts. Clay pigeon shooting, fly-fishing, and falconry displays are all possible within the Bolton Abbey Estate. The award-winning Burlington Restaurant offers a seasonal menu using the finest local produce. Guests can enjoy the ever-popular afternoon tea, and there is also a lounge bar. The Brasserie offers guests a more modern gastro-menu featuring some of Yorkshire's favourite dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel Bolton Abbey
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel And Spa
- Devonshire Arms Country Skipton
- Devonshire Arms Country Hotel
- The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire