Xoron Floatel
  • Restaurant
Sandown Hotel(Sandown)
Cygnet Hotel(Sandown)
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat hostsbembridge harbourclean roomswendyislandaccommodationlounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just returned from 3 nights at xoron and what a lovely time we had.Forget all the sterile boring guest houses and go for something with character ,history and fun.Wendy and paul are great hosts,friendly and informative.If we come back to the isle of wight there is for us only one place to stay, xoron float hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank andyfrank13
xoron, Owner at Xoron Floatel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

you were very quick to write those words you only left yesterday, but again thank you for saying such nice things about us both, we do appreciate every review we get, especially if they are as nice as yours, we hope you come back to the Island soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Lovely stay in this comfortable B & B - particularly loved spending time in the lounge watching the activity on the water - very relaxing and great, friendly hospitality from Wendy and Paul. If you fancy a 'quirky' b & b give this a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ShirleyRobson
xoron, Owner at Xoron Floatel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review, the activity in the harbour you refer to in your review, fascinates me for hours on end, I could sit and watch the boats, and ships all day long,
But Wendy won't let me, she says I have to help her all the time, its just not fair, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. please tell everyone you talk to, its good for business.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I grew up on the IOW but now live in Perth, Western Australia & as always when in the UK had to re-visit the island. I found the Xoron by 'surfing the net' & am so happy that we chose to stay here early in August this year. We thoroughly enjoyed everything the Xoron had to offer, not the least of which was the wonderfully warm hospitality of the owners, Wendy & Paul. We were welcomed as if we were part of the family. The breakfasts were really good fare & also a time to socialise with the other 'crew' members. The museum on the lower deck was fascinating - I often felt as though there was someone actually standing there watching me! We would have no hesitation in coming back next time we visit the UK, or indeed recommending our friends. Carole & Ian Wilson

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Carole W
xoron, Owner at Xoron Floatel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

its taken a while to respond to your kind words, it was very nice to meet you both, and your tales of growing up on the Island. it was our pleasure to look after you both.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We found this place on the Isle of Wight website, and fancied something a little different to the norm. Both the Mrs & me had a very enjoyable stay on the Xoron. Although being very quirky, it was loads of fun and I spent most of the 4 days ducking being a 6ft 5in tall bloke. Every morning we was served up a lovely plate of 'full english' by Wendy which set us up for the day ahead.
Both Paul (Wendy?) and Wendy were fantastic hosts, full of info about the island and plenty of banter to go with it. We even managed to watch England qualify for the world cup in the guest lounge.
If we was to visit the island again, we would most definitely consider staying at the Xoron Floatel again. Cheers Paul n Wendy!

Alan n Kelleigh

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Alan B
xoron, Owner at Xoron Floatel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

I am so sorry to take so long to reply to your review, I was locked out of my management console,
However back in now so all is well, Thank for your very kind words, we try out best at all times, but you will no doubt agree Wendy tries harder than myself, but i am with her in the back ground.
she does front of house so much better than Me, glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed back in May this year, absolutely loved it yet again, not disappointed at all, lovely and comfortable room, nice breakfasts and the owners Wendy and Paul are a lovely and friendly couple, we will be back soon definitely, and cant wait.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank DebbyandMartin
xoron, Owner at Xoron Floatel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Martin & Debby
Thank you for another lovely review, it was nice to see you both again, look forward to your next visit as my VHF radio is playing up again, and was over the moon when Martin sorted it out for me on your last visit, its nice to have friends like you that are Radio Hams, that know what they are doing,
Once again Many Thanks