We had been looking forward to staying here as we had heard excellent reports about this resort, maybe this is a reason we felt so let down. The Resort itself is in a beautiful setting and the grounds are excellent, we are Diamond Resort Silver members and have been members for many years going back to GVC and can honestly say this is the first time we have felt let down on the accommodation, we did not complain as the resort was full and when we are on holiday to relax the last thing we want to do is unpack, pack and unpack to move to a different cottage.
The layout of the one bedroomed cottage we liked and it was a good size, what we didn't like was the shabbiness and run down state of the cottage, paintwork was dirty, you could still see in-ground and fresh hand/finger marks on painted services spillages from drinks never wiped off, the wall paper was scuffed and ripped and again spillages from drinks and other marks in all rooms, light in the bathroom not fitted properly, in all if my own house looked like this, I would be very ashamed. I don't know if it is just this cottage, but even a coat of paint throughout would improve things greatly and a step up on the cleaning As with a lot of other Diamond Resorts the WiFi is awful, but we believe this is going to change shortly .Even though we loved the area this has definitely put me off returning to this resort.I seems if you book through other channels and are not Diamond member, you get better accommodation for a lot less money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenmore Club is the perfect home away from home. Situated in one of the most picturesque Scottish villages, Kenmore is an area where visitors and residents are lulled by the calming waters of Loch Tay. Aside from being breathtakingly beautiful, the area is also quaint and picturesque. This is an area where street lighting is somewhat frowned upon, as residents prefer not to disrupt the light of the stars. The Kenmore Club's charming, cottage-style accommodations match perfectly with the local environment and allow you to feel completely at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Kenmore Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Club Hotel Kenmore
- The Kenmore Club Scotland