Kenmore Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Moness Resort(Aberfeldy)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Loch Tummel Hotel(Tummel Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
Ardeonaig Hotel(Ardeonaig)
  • Restaurant
Dunalastair Hotel Suites(Kinloch Rannoch)
View Hotel
All reviewsoldest inn in scotlandloch taywest wingpoets barrabbie burnsoverlooking the riverboars headveranda roombeautiful locationbuffet stylevenisontaymouth castlehot tubbit datedmain buildinglovely mealwaiting staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Nice setting looking out over the Tay. Took three attempts to get right drinks taken to table. Felt the meal was very average for prices charged. Hands cut chips soggy, chicken burger and beef burger very salty. 3 star food with 5 star prices,try Ben Lawers hotel for much better standard of meal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
AuroraHotels, PA at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla.macfarlane@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. Should you not wish to contact me at this time, please contact me should you wish to book again with The Aurora Hotel Collection. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards Isla

Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel is located on the main square of a little village that couldn't be more typically Scottish. The hotel was founded in 1564. The building obviously is not the original but it is old enough to have a lot of character. The dining room with its terrace opens on to the river and the Loch Tay is less than five minutes wallking distance away. My bedroom was in the annex acroos the square from the hotel. It was attractively furnished with a good bathroom and a view over gardens to the mountains. There is a bar with almost every Scotch ever brewed. My only criticism is that there are not enough waiters in the dining room. They are charming but service is very slow. With a slightly larger staff the hotel would be perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Some reviewers have commented that the Kenmore Hotel is a little "dated". Considering they list the start of business as 1564, you shouldn't be surprised. I expect the building on site now is something newer than 1564. The Poet's Bar was apparently in place when Robbie Burns dropped by in the 1700's as he wrote a poem in that bar--right on the wall--and it's still there, with a piece of protective glass over it. Not something every bar can claim! They have a nice selection of whiskeys and a knowledgable bartender, too.
The wi-fi worked great in the lobby but not in our 2nd floor room. Considering the charms of the place, I didn't mind taking the tablet to the lobby (or to the bar...).
The rooms are modern enough and the plumbing is top-notch. The restaurant food and service were great and the setting is beautiful.
Be sure to go to the Crannog Centre just down Loch Tay. Very interesting

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ToniMatt
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The Kenmore Hotel is in a beautiful location, right next to the Loch. Staff were friendly and helpful and the dinner we had in the restaurant was very good. However, a couple of issues marred our stay. I ensure all hotels and B&B's that I stay in have wi-fi, a prerequisite I check prior to booking. The Kenmore listed wi-fi as available for guests, but on arrival it turned out that unless you were standing in a particular room of the hotel you had little or no chance of reception. Certainly we couldn't get any reception in our room. Okay, a minor put-out... until we discovered that the wi-fi, even in the aforementioned room, didn't work at all. When querying reception I was informed that there'd been a problem with the wi-fi all day... yet no one had bothered trying to fix it it seemed. Not good.

The only other niggle (and I appreciate this is somewhat beyond the Kenmore's control) were the inconsiderate $&@#! who thought it was okay to blast their way into the hotel at 3am in the morning and sounded like they were coming through the ceiling above our room. The room we stayed in also looked a bit dated - in need of some refurbishment.

All in all, quite a nice hotel but could be better.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dabow
AuroraHotels, personal assistant at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed locally at Strathtay but worth the drive to Kenmore to eat here. Made very very welcome by the barman upstairs who suggested as I said we were not very hungry that we went downstairs to the bar and ate on the verandah overlooking the River Tay. On checking out the menu my husband and I had starters and mains and the Steak Pie is beatiful and my husband really enjoyed the Rib Eye Steak. Beautiful view of the old bridge and the river and the staff are very friendly and attentive. Just need to nip into the bar when the sun goes down and the bugs come out! We still went back twice though! There is also a posher restaurant upstairs if you feel like splashing out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple