Kenmore Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Moness Resort(Aberfeldy)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Loch Tummel Hotel(Tummel Bridge)
  • Breakfast included
Ardeonaig Hotel(Ardeonaig)
  • Restaurant
Dunalastair Hotel Suites(Kinloch Rannoch)
View Hotel
All reviewsoldest inn in scotlandloch taywest wingpoets barrabbie burnsoverlooking the riverboars headveranda roombeautiful locationbuffet stylevenisontaymouth castlehot tubbit datedmain buildinglovely mealwaiting staff
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel really hit a nerve with me, in a good way. The downstairs is cozy with a nice bar, several reception areas, with roaring fires going. The dining room has a lovely view of the River Tay. I agree with the other reviewers that the food for breakfast is indifferent. Our group had two nice dinners there, however, that were well prepared. The room I had was dated, but the comfortable bed, nice bathroom and lovely linens made up for it. The room was spacious, which I appreciated. Wifi is available only in the lobby and reception area. Kenmore is beautiful place, quiet, peaceful, very green. This hotel gave me a "taste of the Highlands".

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Firstly how to get there! The most direct route is follow the A9 till the A827 Kenmore. Sat Nav can take you a scenic route over the hills and dales, through sheep and single track roads!
Kenmore Hotel has the keys for the cottage and will give you a tour when you arrive. Brae cottage is an excellent, exceptionally clean and fully fitted cottage.
Kitchen has all the equipment you could require, including washer dryer and dishwasher.
Bedrooms all have vast beds! which can either be single or double depending how you want them made up. One en suite downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs with bathroom, bath and shower.Towels are provided. One thing to watch out for is the water in the taps is extremely hot and temperature can vary in a second, so be carefully in case somewhere else in the house is using the water.
Flat screen TV s in every room, including the den which also has an x-box, board games etc. Videos can also be hires at the hotel for a deposit of £5, which is refundable. Log burner all set to go.
The hot tub is amazing, large enough for 4, lovely and clean, and cover for when not in use. There is no bathroom near the hot tub so the only drawback is you have to traipse through the house to get to one of the bedrooms.
The car park is a very sharp turn off the road and it is very small and not much room to move around if there are a few cars in there.
The BBQ was broken when we got there, we were not going to use it anyway, so it was taken away. A lovely cottage maybe a bit pricey!
The hotel itself has a lovely bar around the back overlooking the river.
For the kids... Up towards the hotel an to the right there is an archway to walk through, follow the road round and there is a large park with swings and a slide.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Since we had a great time at the Boat House some months ago, we decided to book again for the May weekend. Unfortunately it was already booked so we settled for the neighbouring Ben Vorlich cottage. Our worries vanished once we arrived, the Ben Vorlich being at the same high standard of the Boat House, only difference being a slightly smaller day area and a double bedroom being situated in the ground floor.
Again a great stay, quality furniture and ware around the house. Every bedroom and of course lounge with smart TV. Broadband was available in the cottage, again a bonus for myself, having to work during these times too.
We have eaten at the cottage almost every night, placing our order to the restaurant and having it delivered at the appointed time with punctuality. The menu was already good last time, but this time it was even better, extended in choices which made everybody happy.
I took the occasion to check a cottage in front of the Kenmore Hotel, on the other side of the road, which has been booked by some of my friends, and they asked me to check the standards. I will report a positive picture, since also this specific cottage (I forgot the name of it) was at the same high standard of our one.
We are looking forward to book in advance the September weekend this time…

Room Tip: Any cottage overlooking the river or Loch Tay are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WalterCalesso
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here over the May Bank Holiday weekend on DBB deal. Room (16) was very disappointing. I asked for one overlooking the water which we got but it was on the 2nd floor so a big part of the room with a wee window was taken up with the slanted roof of the main building making it awkward to get into that side of the bed, I'm 5' 5" and had to duck when I needed to go to that side. Television, my God!! Thought most hotels had got rid of cathode tube televisions years ago! 4 channels and a grainy picture with Dvd player but no Dvds to play...Bed comfortable and linen and towels were spotless. Dinner, service was lovely but when there's nowhere else to eat in Kenmore a heartier portion would have been more appreciated. Breakfast next morning was very disappointing. Buffet style but everything was luke warm at best and cold plates too. Dinner that night, again service was lovely but is there really any need to sit couples next to tables of 6 and 8 people? Had to ask for a steak knife for my sirloin but apparently the knife was a steak knife? Never in a million years! Lovely girl (Hannah?) managed to get me one from the bar. Now, I can't fault how the steak was cooked and I did stipulate that but there was NO way I could cut through the steak, truly awful, tough as old boots. I had to return it to the kitchen and chef tried to cut it too and agreed that it was tough and he would take it off the bill. So my dinner consisted of 3 marble sized shredded duck bon bons, my starter for that night. I wasn't given the option of having another main course. Checking out the next morning we decided to skip breakfast based on the previous day's experience. Receptionist asked if there were any extras on the bill as she thought we had friends for dinner according to final bill, I told her no but explained about the meal I had and that chef would have it taken off my bill, she then said she hadn't had the bill from the kitchen yet but why did she query my final bill in the 1st place?? So, all in all, what I thought was a good deal for DBB turned out not so good after all. Disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 16 is a small double at best or even a single. Yes it overlooks the water but it also overlooks the roof of the conservatory below so it does spoil the view. There's nowhere else to eat in Kenmore so unless the lovely Indian takeaway in Aberfeldy do deliveries you may be very hungry even after dinner!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne_Ron
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked a table for four to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the service and food were excellent. It wasn't a cheap meal but the quality and presentation of everything was fantastic. I have a gluten free requirement and another member of our party is quite a fussy eater but everything was catered for. The view from the restaurant is beautiful and the hotel itself is in an idyllic locations, although we stayed at the Kenmore Club so cannot comment on the hotel itself.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family