“Friendly staff but hotel very dated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kenmore Hotel

Kenmore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kenmore
“Friendly staff but hotel very dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I recently stayed with my husband as our last mini-holiday prior to becoming parents in the autumn.
Overall we had a pleasant stay - staff were very friendly and food was excellent.
Sadly this is where the compliments end.
I was completely underwhelmed by the overall decor and upkeep of the property, I can't help but come to the conclusion that the primary focus has gone to the upkeep and promotion of the luxury lodges as opposed to maintaining the hotel. Sad indeed as it is a fantastic property in a stunning location.
We were placed in a top floor room, with no bath. Had I not been pregnant this would normally not be an issue but staying away from home for 3 nights, all I wanted was a long soak in the bath. I really didn't think I would have to specify I wanted a bath when I booked.
In addition our room was situated close to the vents from the kitchen which droned on well into the night. This in itself was not a problem but to be honest I would have appreciated a heads up about this at the time of check-in. Good service would have then prompted us being offered an alternative room surely??
Smaller details like no face cloths in the bathroom and no hotel guide in the room only added to our frustrations.
Overall underwhelmed as we have stayed a numerous other Aurora Hotels when attending weddings that seemed more loved and suitably equipped

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lauren S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I eat here on two nights whilst staying at a friends lodge. The food was of good quality and plenty of it. The meal was not cheap but what one would expect at a hotel. The setting is very cute and although very clean they had kept it old worldly. The staff were very polite and helpful

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andertons580
carluke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed last weekend, arrived late having dined en route, so can't comment on dinner. However we were keen to have a bit of entertainment on a Saturday night but unfortunately when trying to find a place within the hotel to have a drink for two, we we're meet with the rabbie burns bar full, it only holds about 20, the two other areas off the main entrance was ok but had no atmosphere as everybody there were accessing the internet with feet on tables and the like. We then went through to the modern 2 storey extension, upstairs was the restaurant and downstairs was a public bar. The latter appears to be a nice facility but was full of locals who I can assess as a person who lives 80 miles as loud and using unsavoury language and I was embarrassed at their language and did not ventiure into that area. The room had an outdated TV which only received 2 channels and radio, the room was tired but clean, bathroom outdated with a holes in the bath panels. Nice size room with comfy bed and good sleep and coffee/tea facilities. Staff were really friendly and helpful. No written room information pertaining to hotel facilities , wi fi,etc, . Breakfast was of good quality buffet style and again staff very attentive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were a group of 15 people which stayed at the hotel for one night. The restaurant was full, but they managed to seat the whole group in the pub and we had a nice late evening dinner there. The surrounding of the hotel is very picturesque, with a river and an old bridge close to the hotel. The next day we went for a short walk to the beautiful Taymoth castle.
We had a room at the main hotel facing the street, which was nice and clean.

Room Tip: Had a room at the front of the hotel which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing location and could have been a great experience if the food and atmosphere had been good. In Kenmore the new grill is heavily advertised. We sat in the restaurant overlooking the river, there was a radio playing. The service was ok but the food was very over rated, we had 2 overcooked burgers, it was over priced and was actually a horrible experience all round.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I were married at the Kenmore Hotel on the 7th June , what a Magical day we had , the venue was amazing, food excellent and staff were professional and courteous. Special thanks to Lucy the hotels wedding coordinator who was a dream to work with in organising the day and for all her help in keeping me calm on the day, Stewart for making sure the day ran perfectly and Spencer and the team in the kitchen for a beautiful meal which has been highly commented on by our guests. We had a lot of our guests in lodges which also could not be praised more highly, clean and luxurious, we visit kenmore regularly and can't wait to see any future investment the Aurora Hotel group will make in this fantastic location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Cerob78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic venue! Beautiful place beautiful views and surrounding. The restaurant is perfect, food and service was superb!
Possibly the best meal I have ever eaten! Very impressed! Me and my family all had different starters and mains so we got to see a wide selection of the good available. I had the black pudding starter and mixed grill for main. I was totally blown away by this meal! Must try and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmore
Moness Resort
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,102 reviews
Fortingall Hotel
Fortingall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fortingall

Been to Kenmore Hotel? Share your experiences!