Carbis Bay Hotel & Estate
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$280
  • Bar/Lounge
US$286
  • Breakfast included
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
1,758 results
All reviewssands restaurantprivate beachbeach barsea viewst ivessecret escapesbuilding workreception staffcoastal pathheated poolsuperior roomrestaurant staffstunning locationlovely hotelthe main hotelspa treatmentswedding party
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We arrived in Saint Ives on a Saturday afternoon with no hotel bookings. After several tries, we arrived here only to be told that they, too, were full. But then the receptionist mentioned an apartment accom. It turned out to be a modern, brand new, detached three bedroom house! It was on the hillside overlooking the sea. And it was wonderful. Except for the fact that it had neither telephone nor Wifi. There was Wifi in the public areas of the hotel but it was extremely slow.
They served a wonderful breakfast in the main building. Be sure to try the Cornwall hog pies.
If not for the lack of Wifi, I'd give this hotel an excellent rating.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank boundary
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I planned a lovely break for my husband as a 65th birthday surprise. What a disappointment .We have stayed in several hotels for half the price , friendlier and much better comfort .I thought paying a higher price it would be special, but sadly I was mistaken. I knew we were going to have a small double room with a sea view as they were fully booked because of a wedding, BUT! not a box room with a double bed in it.1 tub like chair, 1 bed side cabinet, 1bed side lamp you could reach from the bed the other perched on a small writing bureau crammed in beside the bed,(which you couldn't reach unless you got out of bed and climbed over the chair) Also a small wardrobe inside which was your tea tray perched on the suitcase rack to make a cup of tea you would have to take it out of the cupboard and place it on the floor.
Staff were OK. Food was OK nothing that special. WE were charged extra because it was a bank holiday .Extra because we had a sea view. But nothing was deducted because we couldn't have our meals in the main dining room because of the wedding. Nothing was deducted when we couldn't get in the conservatory for a comfortable seat with a sea view. Nothing was deducted because we had to have our meals at the back of the hotel. Hm! Where was the sea view I paid for? To add insult to injury they rang me when I arrived home because they didn't like the review I had left and said they would write to me. I have now received the letter asking us to pay for another break with them But they would see that they would give us a better room. I DOINT THINK SO give them more of my hard earned cash! I paid £570 for 2 x2 breakfasts 2x2 dinners and a box room for 2nights. I could go to Fistral Beach in Newquay stay 5 nights for the same price AND they have lift to all floors, an indoor swimming pool ,a sauna, spa bath a child’s play area , A conservatory you can sit in,(even when they have a wedding) Lovely staff, super food and entertainment every night. I so wished I taken my husband back there for his surprise. THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO STAY SOMEWHERE REALLY SPECIAL HOW WRONG COULD I HAVE BEEN >THEY USUALLY SAY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR NOT IN THIS CASE. All you holiday makers out there go to the Esplanade at Newquay you will get far more for your money. Also a beautiful SEA VIEW.

23  Thank suegreens
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We only had 1 night, I wish it could have been more.. we had a beautiful room overlooking the bay..Lovely comfortable bed and soft fluffy towels.. After reading some of the reports on trip advisor I was a little dubious of making a reservation... Take no NOTICE its a lovely hotel with a fantastic restaurant superb food and a menu that uses lots of local produce!! VERY UNDERRATED as it looks from the website as just another big hotel! When it has more of a boutique feel!!! would highly reccommend.

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the bay!!! You won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank hnoakes245
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed at the Carbis Bay for 6 nights commencing the 29th April 2012 in a superior room with a terrace and sea views. The position of the hotel and our room at the front of the hotel had great views.The room was large but strangely the wardrobe was in the bathroom. With the build up of steam from showers the moisture did get into the wardrobe as the doors did not shut properly, not good for our clothes. The room was dated in appearance but overall clean. There was a single bed and a small double which myself and my wife found cramped,much better if they had a king size and dispense with the single bed. The Ambience of the hotel lacked sparkle, the staff were efficient but not warm or smiling towards us.
On balance we would probably stay here again if only for the views into Carbis Bay and the close access to St Ives 2 miles away.

Room Tip: Book rooms with a sea view and terrace/balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PotatoExpert
Reviewed 4 May 2012

As the Carbis Bay Hotel is so popular for weddings we were unsure if there would be any dates left for 2012. There were only weekdays left during the time which we wanted to book, so we were initially concerned this would affect our day. We needn't had worried,it saved us money and extended everyones weekend. Victoria worked extremely hard to ensure our wedding reflected what we had always wanted and was within our budget. There were alot of children at our wedding and this didn't phase her. All of the hotel staff were so warm, friendly and accomadating. When all our guests had gone James continued to treat us like royalty.

When I saw Victoria at breakfast the next day, I was welling up with emotion as everything had been so perfect. The food was exceptional, all our guests commented on the presentation, variety and high quality. One of our guests commented on how the Carbis Bay has the best of all worlds, outstanding beachside location with stunning views,marbel fireplaces just like a stately home, woodland and is a family run hotel.

We really appreciated all the considerate touches, the champagne and chocolates in our room and the invite to return for our one year anniversary. We already looking forward to this but will be back well before then as we have been made to feel very welcome. The Carbis Bay will be a retreat to us, its luxurious, sumptious, whilst being completely relaxing and comfortable. We are so proud to say we had our wedding reception there and so pleased we chose it and would do so over and over again. The Carbis Bay hotel with the input from Victoria have provided us with a lifetime of the happiest memories. Thanks a million.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family