Boskerris Hotel
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$280
US$286
  • Breakfast included
Western Hotel(St Ives)
US$146
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshomemade mueslist ivessmall hotelminute train ridedecking areakedgereewhite company toiletriescarbis bay stationbeautiful hotelon arrivalsea viewtrain servicesuperior roomcoastal pathattention to detailbranch linehigh standard
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I chose Boskerris House due to reading reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. In fact this was the best accommodation I chose in my four weeks travelling in Europe.
This Boutique Hotel has stunning views of the sea and so that you can really enjoy the vista, a large deck with comfortable chairs placed facing the view. On top of this I ordered a pot of tea from the bar and sat enjoying it all. Bliss! The rooms are clean and summery with good crisp linen and plenty of cushions and pillows. The Food was beautifully presented and delicious at both breakfast and dinner.Do I sound like I am raving? Yes, because this is what all Accommodation should aim for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 240Frosty
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I were booked into this hotel for 3 nights as we had a wedding nearby.
Nice lounge, good bar, and a lovely terrace/balcony, nice bedroom with good standard of bed linen.
Views from hotel and our room were stunning.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful.
It's a little pricey (but then I don't know the local market) and I would say I expected a better finish for the price (carpet in bedroom had seen better days) but would definitely stay again.
Have to say I had one of the best breakfasts ever here, great quality local produce, well prepared, with a good choice (best bacon ever!).

Some points for those thinking of booking this, the hill up from the beach is very steep and would think that older couples would struggle, and if you are staying here you would be better off with a room on the top floor (due to noise from lounge balcony which is directly above some rooms) but obviously this will cost more.
The local train station is nearby (5min walk, and nowhere near as steep as the walk from the beach) which makes it nice and easy to get to St Ives (as we did) or Penzance.

My wife realised on the way home that she had left some items in the hotel room. We called to inform them and the staff ensured that these items were sent to us first class, with no fuss.
Just shows that the team do all they can to help.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A lovely, warm welcome, beautiful views across Carbis Bay and great breakfasts. The walk into St Ives is a delight.
Would highly recommend doing a guided walk with Steve Crammay from Explore in Cornwall (find him at http://www.exploreincornwall.co.uk/ ) for anyone wanting to find out a bit more about ecology, wildlife and mining

Room Tip: Well worth paying for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Boskerris is in a beautiful location above Carbis Bay, so much quieter than St Ives. It is well connected by train and if needed a taxi into town is not expensive. The best feature of the hotel is the beautiful terrace with views on the bay: comfortable and sunny is a perfect place to chill and have a glass of wine - or tea. Service is good and very attentive, especially to ensure that guests make the most out of the area. Breakfast was very good. The rooms however were disappointing: very small with small beds, little place to move around, and bathrooms that do need a bit of a lift. We were in the standard rooms that I would really not recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whiterabbitjb
Reviewed 3 July 2014

St Ives was high on Mrs " Wishlist" so as at St Austell came over to here for a bonus weekend, and SOOOOOOO glad we did.
Gorgeous location overlooking Carbis Bay, delightful staff, magnificent breakfasts and so caring from all the staff.......We booked last October for mid June and apart from getting caught out by the dodgy clifftop walk, everything about this stay was sublime. weather, St Ives itself, the quaint little train, and absolutely superb breakfasts and so coeliac friendly.
Just sitting on The Terrace complete with glass watching the sea with the sun gently starting to set, that's a memory that'll be hard to beat.......

Room Tip: Ocean View if You can, but if not Go Anyway........
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple