Boskerris Hotel
US$491
US$380
Orbitz.com
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$210
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Tregenna Castle Resort(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$259
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade mueslist ivessmall hotelminute train ridedecking areakedgereewhite company toiletriescarbis bay stationbeautiful hotelon arrivalsea viewtrain servicesuperior roomcoastal pathattention to detailbranch linehigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A great little hotel with only 17 rooms and a chance to get that personal service from the staff and management. An easy one stop on the local train to St Ives. An unexpected bonus is the restaurant and chef. This was by far the best restaurant we enjoyed anywhere in Cornwall. Breakfasts are sumptuous and the evening meal offerings, while limited, are modern and creative and well prepared.
The local travel and visitor tips suggested by the owner are well worth following.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Boskerris and was equally enjoyable as our first, two years ago. On arrival, my wife and I were made to feel most welcome by the owner and staff. They are all very friendly and always on-hand to help. The location is ideal for exploring St Ives and West Cornwall. The train station is just a 4 minute walk away and the 3 minute journey into St Ives means that you can avoid taking the car into the town. The hotel itself is very tastefully furnished and extremely comfortable. There is plenty of space in which to relax after a day exploring the local area. The terrace area and lounge has lovely views of Carbis Bay and across to St Ives. On our last afternoon, we relaxed on the terrace and enjoyed the view, along with a cream tea. This was followed by a stroll down to the beach. Our bedroom was very comfortable and also had a great view of the bay. Breakfast at the Boskerris is a real treat, with plenty to choose from. Evening suppers (available 4 evening a week) are excellent should you not feel like going into town for a meal. Overall the Boskerris is a lovely hotel to stay at, whether it be for a few days or a longer break (ours was 7 nights). We certainly look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 17. It was very comfortable, had a lovely sea view and was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I chose Boskerris House due to reading reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. In fact this was the best accommodation I chose in my four weeks travelling in Europe.
This Boutique Hotel has stunning views of the sea and so that you can really enjoy the vista, a large deck with comfortable chairs placed facing the view. On top of this I ordered a pot of tea from the bar and sat enjoying it all. Bliss! The rooms are clean and summery with good crisp linen and plenty of cushions and pillows. The Food was beautifully presented and delicious at both breakfast and dinner.Do I sound like I am raving? Yes, because this is what all Accommodation should aim for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 240Frosty
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I were booked into this hotel for 3 nights as we had a wedding nearby.
Nice lounge, good bar, and a lovely terrace/balcony, nice bedroom with good standard of bed linen.
Views from hotel and our room were stunning.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful.
It's a little pricey (but then I don't know the local market) and I would say I expected a better finish for the price (carpet in bedroom had seen better days) but would definitely stay again.
Have to say I had one of the best breakfasts ever here, great quality local produce, well prepared, with a good choice (best bacon ever!).

Some points for those thinking of booking this, the hill up from the beach is very steep and would think that older couples would struggle, and if you are staying here you would be better off with a room on the top floor (due to noise from lounge balcony which is directly above some rooms) but obviously this will cost more.
The local train station is nearby (5min walk, and nowhere near as steep as the walk from the beach) which makes it nice and easy to get to St Ives (as we did) or Penzance.

My wife realised on the way home that she had left some items in the hotel room. We called to inform them and the staff ensured that these items were sent to us first class, with no fuss.
Just shows that the team do all they can to help.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A lovely, warm welcome, beautiful views across Carbis Bay and great breakfasts. The walk into St Ives is a delight.
Would highly recommend doing a guided walk with Steve Crammay from Explore in Cornwall (find him at http://www.exploreincornwall.co.uk/ ) for anyone wanting to find out a bit more about ecology, wildlife and mining

Room Tip: Well worth paying for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family