“Exellent value for money for top class...”
other travellers have booked this property
car parking area outside of Sandy Lane
Enjoy relax in some bubbles reading your favourite book
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enjoy
relax in some bubbles reading your favourite book
well equiped kitchen
light and airy
enjoy some Alfressco dining
enjoy a glass of wine and take in the view
views towards hayle
enjoy some peace in our reading area from our small library of books
mezzaline sitting room
Nespresso coffee machine
on arrival tea forte specialist teas
local produce welcome pack on arrival
bifold doors that lead to balcony
shower room with rain head shower and plenty of storage
white company toiletries supplied
come and stay at 4 Sandy Lane you wont want to go home!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jc1967Uk
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Had we just not come from an impeccable stay at a superbly clean bed and breakfast my review might have been a little better. Reality is this is a new beautifully decorated / equipped property seriously let down by poor maintenance and cleaning issues. All of which were reported to the owner and will hopefully rectified for the next occupants.

I stayed at this apartment for a week with my parents ( my father is disabled and getting to and from the car park to the apartment was a challenge) and my five year old daughter.

We had no issues finding the place and on arrival this was our experience. The owner Kelly met us with the keys took us to the apartment, spent a few minutes telling us how to open the sliding door before heading out asking us to leave the keys on the table on departure.

First impression on opening the door was great it's just as the photos depicted a well equipped, nicely decorated, bright airy, clean apartment with a lovely welcome basket on the table with Cornish products.

After that things began to go downhill. I had been told over and over how this was a gold star rated property and therefore expected exactly that. I went to put groceries in the freezer. It hadn't been defrosted and cleaned prior to our arrival, it was covered in dust on top and had dirty marks on the front. I went to make coffee and pulled out dirty cups and two with a cracks in them. The Nespresso machine was a nice touch but not with dirty capsules left in from the previous occupants. I opened the sliding French door to sit on the balcony the chairs outside had filthy stained cushions so I decided to remove them only to find the chairs themselves were covered in a green moss type substance, I went to close the sliding door and it wouldn't close. On closer inspection I found a pin was missing from the top hinge. Finally after gentle coaxing the door it closed but I was then afraid to use it. I turned on the lights 9 out of 12 bulbs were not working, the huge clock on the wall was an hour wrong obviously not changed since March when the clocks changed in the UK.

Trying not to let things get to me I went to the second bedroom where I was staying with my daughter. The bed is not big because the room is not large enough to accommodate one but the bed itself looked awful wrinkled, un ironed bedding and lumpy. when I tried to straighten out the duvet I realised it was because the cover was too small to accommodate the quilt inside. The headboard was velvet and covered in dust across the top. I crossed to the main bathroom, grout was missing from the flooring tiles, the silver finish was peeling off the bathroom cabinet drawer and the mirror was neither clean or in working order as the light wasn't working. On the plus side there were some very nice toiletries provided. In the master bedroom the sink in the ensuite bathroom wasn't draining properly because it was blocked. The curtains were hanging off the poles because they were coming off the rings. By now the excitement of having a beautiful apartment was wearing off my feet were filthy because I had not worn slippers and the floors were not clean.

I decided to e mail Kelly but when I looked I couldn't find the Internet access code and it wasn't in the information book provided... How was I supposed to know I had to go upstairs where more bulbs were not working and physically look under the wireless router.

I pulled out a chair at the dining table to send an email it looked as if someone had used the chairs cushions as a dinner tray they were again filthy with food stains etc.

Kelly did come to the apartment the next day very apologetic saying the cleaning wasn't up to standard and that her cleaner hadn't informed her about the maintenance issues !!!! She brought new cushion covers but still they didn't appear to fit the dining chairs properly and two had broken zips. The bulbs were changed, the sliding door repaired, clock time corrected, the sink in the master bathroom unblocked. The rest was to be attended to AFTER we left.
We decided we weren't going to let these things spoil our stay. Reality is this is a well equipped apartment whether you wish to cook, play games or read the owner has gone to great lengths to provide these things.

Unfortunately our stay ended on a real low the second to last night the smoke detector in the upstairs tv area began going off at 1am in the morning. We couldn't reset it or reach to remove the battery... It went off every minute or so which meant none of us had any sleep.

I contacted Kelly who said she would get the battery changed. We got home and everything appeared fine but just after midnight the alarm began again. I was so irritated and sleep deprived knowing that we were going to be the whole night with no sleep again that after almost two hours and everyone awake I didn't think it unreasonable to call Kelly to disarm it. I didn't want to physically damage her property and as she had previously said she lived only 5 mins away if we needed anything to call I thought I was justified in the circumstances.There of course was no reply not really unexpected but I was more than a little upset that Kelly didn't even have the courtesy to respond to my e mail to apologise for the lack of sleep for two consecutive nights..I was left with the feeling she had already been paid, we were leaving that day so tough luck.

Would I recommend the location. If you are able bodied absolutely the coastal walks are lovely and the train is close by. As someone travelling with a person with limited mobility it was a challenge even with a motorised wheelchair. We spent most of our time in the car exploring other places nearby using the apartment as nothing more than a place to sleep.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked least: Maintenance of the property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Julia L
Milton Keynes
“Exellent value for money for top class accomodation”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

This is exactly as the pictures and overview says. Absolutely one of the nicest thought out rentals we have stayed in. Its new and set in a quiet residential area in a small secure block of 7 apartments with allocated parking. I can't fault it from the carefully thought out food hamper to the, set out tea tray, toiletries, slippers and dressing gowns... Its clean and airy with all the mod cons you could ever need. Its just a few minutes walk downhill to the fantastic Carbis Bay beach and a few more up! Great little local train service to St Ives just a couple of minutes walk away. 'Porthmeor Café' in St Ives (It's much more than a café) is definitely worth a try. Kelly (the owner) was superb, very helpful and couldn't do more for you to ensure that your stay went smoothly. Hope to be back next year and would highly recommend it.

Liked best: Lovely and Bright
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
sophiedav...
Wraysbury, United Kingdom
“A home from home...brilliant location, views and home comforts”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

The apartment is finished to such a high standard throughout. Real luxury with a homely feel. The kitchen had everything you could ever need including a fresh orange juice squeezer for the mornings! Nice selection of teas and coffees and very easy to use and find your way around.

The welcome hamper with local Cornish goods was a nice touch and we loved some of the items so much we bought more to take home.

Kelly was lovely and very helpful....meeting us early with the key as we got there too soon. She was on the end of the phone with any queries. The info pack was helpful in deciding where to book for dinner.

The location was amazing, a stone's throw from the beach with amazing views over the bay. The apartment is a 2 minute walk to the station with a direct train into St Ives which we used frequently along with the coastal path.

This is a nice luxurious, quiet location and with easy access to St Ives it does not need to have many shops etc. There is a nice pub within walking distance along with a Tesco and Costcutter if you need to do any food shopping.

The only aspect which wasn't absolutely perfect was the size of the beds for 2 people, however this is due to room size and we were probably being picky as we are used to much larger.

Would (and have) recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing beach holiday in a home from home.

SteveDout...
London
“Stunning apartment in beautiful location”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

We spent a long weekend staying at 4 Sandy Lane in May 2013 and had a fantastic time. The apartment is furnished to an exceptionally high standard, is light, airy and the small terrace out the front was a real bonus, catching the sunlight for the majority of the day.

It's superbly located for the lovely Carbis Bay beach, which is just 5 minutes' walk away and it's even closer to the railway station for the three-minute journey to St Ives. We also took the coastal path into town a couple of times, which takes just 20 minutes and gives you fantastic views of Carbis Bay.

Kelly, the owner of the property was great to deal with and provides lots of information about places to visit in the local area.

We will definitely be staying here again - great location, great price, fantastic apartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The entire apartment was furnished to an incredibly high standard
Liked least: Nothing - it was perfect
Chris C
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My partner and I had an amazing stay at this apartment. It is situated about five minutes walk from the beach and overlooks the bay. The apartment itself is beautifully presented and includes everything you could need during your stay. Highly recommended.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The wow factor: mezzanine and chandeliers with a great kitchen!
Liked least: The heating issues.
Friends getaway
Michelle...
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Our best ever holiday, suberb location and fabulous apartment”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Although we have been to Cornwall several times and been to St Ives this was our first stay. Great comunication from the start of the enquiry to the end of our stay. We were met by Kelly who showed us around the apartment, we were blown away, The apartment was fabulous, spotlessly clean, with lots of lovely personal, luxury touches. The bathrooms were very well appointed, the bed was heavenly and the seatee was out of this world. The views from the balacony were lovely. It is ideally located for walking, taking the bus or the train all across West Cornwall. We were so impressed we are going back next year! Thanks Kelly, we had a fabulous holiday in your lovely apartment..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment was faultless and the location ideal
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing