“Fantastic location and good value but avoid the garden units”

Montville Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The facilities are excellent especially for families but we were in a ground floor flat and the noise from upstairs was a real negative...you can hear snoring, loud conversation, foot steps and doors all night. The car park is right outside your bedroom window and cars did seem to come and go at all times. This is our second time here, the first time was in the loft many years ago and before it was refurbished. It stands away from all the other units and may have given us a different impression which was one of peace, nature and privacy. I am sure that is still the same. It is great value though and I would love to give it another chance...in an upstairs room or the loft, though!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Montville Holiday Apartments

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for a wedding and was very surprised at the great value for money this place offers. We were upgraded to a mountain view room which I highly recommend. This place would be an excellent family option as they are 2 bedroom apartments. Even the garden apartments were lovely - very modern and well-equipped. The mountain view rooms were not as modern but were extremely comfortable and the views were gorgeous. Full kitchens as well. We will be back. Just couldn't believe how nice this place was for the price. Management were very nice too. You just don't get that everywhere.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Beautiful location - the best views on the Sunshine coast! My family and I stayed in the Loft apartment with six adults. Was great for the short amount of time (two nights). Any longer and may have been a bit cramped. This apartment would have been perfect for a family with four kids and two adults or less. When I booked, I advised who would be staying and they gave me the right advice (that it may have been a bit cramped) but I decided on booking this anyway.
Michael was a great help and went out of his way to organise a welcome basket when requested of beautiful wine and cheese and crackers. I would recommend to anyone! Also I would like to mention the groundskeeper is an extremely friendly man and an asset to the grounds - gave us a lift into town and let us feed his horse. Fantastic - recommend to all.

Room Tip: If staying with a few adults, I would recommend separate apartments (not the loft). The loft has fan...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hammy1990
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed just the one night in the Loft Apartment, and I couldn't have been happier. From my initial enquiry, I haven't been disappointed in my choice of accommodation. The prices are great, the location is ideal, and the views are breathtaking. The added bonus is the way in which the owners/hosts treat you - with respect and as an individual, rather than just another number. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RedDevil1978
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Beautiful location and views. Good size 2 bedroom self contained units. Great beds, except for sofa bed in lounge room. Rooms need a revamp, carpet in living area, dining seats and sofa bed all need replacing. Great shower, good kitchen. Montville is definitely the pick of the towns to stay in.

Room Tip: I think some rooms have been updated, so maybe ask for one that has been updated!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
MontvilleHolidays, Manager at Montville Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Hi Astrid,

Thank you for your review. We would love to be able to replace the carpet in every apartment. Maintenance is an ongoing job in this industry. When we took over this establishment, we had to concentrate on things which immediately need replacing. Like towels, linen and curtains.

We have noted your comments and appreciate it.

We're glad you had a nice stay and we hope to see you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed here mid February and it was the first time we had visited Montville and the surrounding townships of Maleny, Kenilworth and Mapleton. This was a great place to base the visit on as it is very close to Montville.

We got a good deal on this place some time ago and left it quite late to book it in. They were very accommodating fitting us into the loft on short notice. The loft had about 7 beds in it and I think would be more suited to a family stay or a bigger group of teenagers but it suited our needs perfectly.The shower was excellent, the fridge was quite and the bed was nice and firm and maybe even more impressive the pillows weren't wafer thin. The only down sides were that there was no tea towel provided, we couldn't seem to work the oven to reheat our pizza and we were meant to get a bottle of local wine on arrival which we didn't get but I didn't mention that to them explicitly either, I hate having to hassle people for something that is meant to be included as part of a deal although I tend to miss out on my free bottle of wine more than I get it when I book these sorts of deals.

Everyone has their own ideas on when something is run down or if it is rustic and I quite liked the charm of the place we stayed at. It was a little run down but it was immaculately cleaned and quite charming on the inside even though it looked like a boring brick thing on the outside. All in all this was a very pleasant place to stay and I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your email.

We wish you would have seen us in relation to the missing tea towel and wine. This must have been an oversight by my husband and I.

Next time you are in Montville, we would be more than happy to provide you with the bottle of wine. We are glad you had a lovely stay and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We went with our kids and another family and had an absolute blast.The views are fantastic the kids enjoyed the farm horse and swimming pool while they were safe and free to run around and be kids.The cabins are gorgeous clean and neat with everything you might need.The staff were friendly and accommodating.Would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Peachy1975

Thank you so much for your review!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we would love to see you again. With a small family ourselves, we understand that family friendly accommodation in some locations can be hard to come by.

All the best!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montville
Clouds of Montville
#2 of 15 in Montville
Spicers Clovelly Estate
Spicers Clovelly Estate
#2 of 9 in Montville

Been to Montville Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!