“Good grub”

Cuisines: Australian
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Good grub”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had lunch here en route. Was really busy at the time but the service was great, really polite and efficient. Didn't have to wait too long, food was good, honest grub, nothing fancy but plenty of it.

• Visited July 2014

Biggera Waters, Australia
“Great Country Service and a real good customer attitude!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stooped by this café on Sunday, and I was met by the most polite and courteous staff.

Nothing was too hard for them.

I was surprised when I changed the menu and they said yes no problem....the coffee was great!!!!!

The scones prepared were fresh from the oven and they were really delicious.

I noticed quite a few of the locals were there...in family groups....

this is the test of a good place, when the locals keep coming back.

Well done!

• Visited July 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Rude staff, bland/reheated/boxed food, dingy and dirty”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We chose this cafe for it's central positioning and possible nice views.

If you miss the sign on entrance about getting your own menu and taking a seat to wait for the waitress, you get barked at to do so.

If you order a steak burger, you won't be asked how you'd like your steak done.

If you order a schnitzel burger, don't expect an actual schnitzel or any sort of fresh chicken breast that's been crumbed and fried in-house. Do, however, expect two 'chicken tender' strips that are basically oversized, glorified chicken nuggets that have obviously just come out of the box.

If you order a 'fresh juice', expect it to be out of the bottle.

Expect flustered staff, bland food, dingy dining area, bad art on the walls, grimy looking decor. So much potential for this setting and the actual building.

I felt bad handing over my hard-earned money after eating here and having such sub par service.

I also failed to mention that our plates and surrounding customer's plates were half eaten and scattered with scraps. Should have gone with instinct, paid a bit more at another place and gotten much better service and food.

Always check tripadvisor or Urbanspoon before dining, people! It can change the feeling of your entire visit to a new place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ValuedCustomer123
uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“breakfast”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We got there around 9am, took our seats on the balcony overlooking the street. Service was very efficient and friendly. We ordered two breakfasts which were cooked beautifully. Definitely go there again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jo d
Brisbane, Australia
“Completely disappointing”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I hate to ever complain but would not like anyone else to have to go though what we did. We sat at a dirty table that took a while to be cleared and had the waitress snap at us for getting up to ask a question, as she was coming.to us to take our order. We sat and waited and waited listening to people around us complaining and getting wrong orders. When our order arrived almost an hour after we sat down All the burger buns and raisin toast were burnt. Some of it was inedible. I went to pay and to say nicely what had happened. The poor waiter was so rushed he left us standing waiting to pay for five minutes so when I tried to talk to him he got the boss. Wendy came out and snapped at me, " you want to complain". I tired to explain about the burnt toast and so snapped, "fine, have it for free." I said we had waited for an hour and were disappointed things were burnt and she waved her hand around, " look how busy we are." I said it would have been god to be told about the wait so we may have gone elsewhere, she screamed at me,"have it all for free and never come back here again", as she crumbled up the bill and through it on the floor. Her sign said "Best burger in town" but instead we got the worst service, tasteless burnt burgers and wasted a lot of time.

• Visited April 2014