“Lovely lunch in the sun!”
Review of The Horse & Groom

The Horse & Groom
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Twyford
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I came here with a friend midweek, and had a lovely lunch in this beautiful pub. We sat in the quiet garden at the rear of the pub, which is a lovely little sun trap! The food itself was just as good, the menu having a really good choice of dishes that were reasonably priced. The camembert was delicious, though I would have prefereed it slightly hotter! The staff were friendly though could have been slightly more attentive. I would definetly return if I was in the area.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

A group of 6 had dinner at this gastro pub with real ale and cider. We had terrific food, entrée & mains which filled us all with roasts fish & burgers. Real ale beer to choose from as well as a very good wine list. All on all a very delightful experience was had by all.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went here for a weekend lunch for 4, we booked a table to be sure and we were immediately seated. The service after this was very slow and inattentive and a number of times we had to catch someone's attention. The food when it arrived was tasty but the children's portion was tiny and we had to supplement it with food from each of our plates. If you have a child over the age of 5 it was not enough food and expensive for the portion.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this pub for lunch midweek with a few colleagues as it's just a few miles from work. The pub was reasonably busy but not worryingly so seeing as we couldn't be out of the office for hours. The staff were attentive and friendly, food was delicious (great sweet potato fries!) and it was good value for money, plenty of mains for under a tenner. All in all a great little find, will be back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My friends dragged me over to this pub this week for an impromptu girls evening and while I was a little skeptical of driving a little way off from Maidenhead for a pub, I was very pleasantly surprised.
First of all, I know the ladies will appreciate this - they have one of the best restrooms ever! Absolutely sparkling and welcoming. Great outdoor seating area and the pub dining area was very comfortable and warm. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Love their Rosie's Pig cider which was of the cloudy and medium dry variety. Our dinner was lovely to say the least. I don't eat lamb but my friend who had it said her lamb pie was delish! I have to mention that the dessert, we had the trio of desserts which had the brownie, creme brulee and the mango and passion fruit cheese cake --- simply scrumptious!
Its a great place to meet friends, celebrate events and just get together. I can't wait to come back and try their Sunday lunch.