“Great place to stay”
Review of Cricklade House

Cricklade House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cricklade
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just got back from a weekend at Cricklade House and was very impressed.

Stayed in room 36 in the main house, it was very clean, comfortable, traditional furniture with lots of character, bathroom spotless, quiet (even with wedding disco going on!). Staff very genuinely welcoming and friendly without exception, even called our room at 10:15 to warn that breakfast was closing but could stay open if we came down soon! Restaurant was beyond all expectations 3 course dinner was more like food from a gourmet restaurant than a country club/manor (please pass on my appreciation to the chef and dining staff). Dishes were delicately and artistically presented and tasted fantastic. Service was friendly and nothing too much trouble. Sports facilities were very impressive; full size snooker table & pool table, pool, spa, steam room (free to use), also tennis courts and golf all on site (didn't ask outside activity prices). We were recommended this hotel and will recommend others.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wander1ngAr0und

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Although we didnt stay here i feel i need to write a review on the Sunday Lunch.

What can i say 14.95 for 3 courses which were absolutely fabulous and a credit to the chef, I had Salmon Terrine for starters, Roast Pork, served with sweet potato mash and seasonal veg and to round ot off a Vanilla Creme Brulee. My Partner had a Chicken dish for starters,Roast Beef for main and Cheese and biscuits for dessert
This was eaten on the Terrace over looking the Wiltshire Downs and was a perfect way to enjoy Sunday Lunch. All topped off by service from fantastic staff.

The hotel itself looks wonderful and enjoys amazing views

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wedd986
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We chose Cricklade as a central area for our family get together as family members were travelling from a wide area of England and Wales. We made a good choice and we all enjoyed a a lovely weekend. We booked the Library for private dining which worked very well as there were 8 young children with us (26 of us altogether).

The staff at the hotel were very helpful, polite and welcoming and the food we had on both evenings was very good indeed.

A couple of issues arose with the rooms but the staff dealt with these promptly and efficiently.

The conservatory along the back of the hotel is delightful and the views across the countryside are wonderful.

I would definitely like to stay again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate R
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Had a Travelzoo deal of dinner, bed and breakfast. Warm and efficient welcome. Room clean, lovely shower, fluffy towels. Not the most up to date but everything you need for a short break. Lovely conservatory overlooking the countryside and golf course. Lovely evening meal. In short we found it hard to find fault. Beautiful location - idea for walking, cultural visits etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank NESSY3306
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed here on a Travelzoo deal for one night on a Thursday night. What a lovely hotel. Stayed in a room with a balcony which cost an extra £20, but would not bother with that again. Very nice conservatory area to sit in and excellent food in the restaurant. The manager and his two waiters were a credit to the hotel and the chef too!!
The pool was pleasant but I agree that the roof is in desperate need of renovation. The rooms are comfortable with newish bathrooms and fluffy soft towels.
Woulddefinitely return here again at the right price. We were in room 41.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebbieOxfordshire
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed here for the weekend with family and friends and had a brilliant time. I was hoping to relax, get some gentle exercise, eat some fabulous food and have a laugh and that's exactly what I got. My bedroom had a huge bed, TV and a balcony looking over the tennis courts and was clean, spacious and comfortable. I used the gym which was small but all the equipment I used was clean and worked. I would have liked a rowing machine but can appreciate there isn't much room! I didn't have any treatments though I understand my sister tried but they were booked up already.

The pool and whirlpool were clean and comfortable, the pool was big enough to get some lengths in (other guests permitting!). The steam room was slightly less inspiring, the seats could do with some work (my costume snagged on the rough surface) but this is a minor issue.

The best parts of the weekend were, without doubt, the friendliness of the staff who were, without exception, friendly and helpful, and the fabulous food in the restaurant which was outstanding on both nights we ate there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Froodle
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I recently stayed with my husband at this hotel. We were given a double room with a 4ft bed which was far too small. We had no windows apart from velux which when the rain came rattled like nobodies business. To be honest it felt more like a single room. We booked a table for 9.30 and didn't get seated until gone 10pm which is far too late to eat. The food in the evening was very nice and almost worth the wait. The breakfast however was awful. It was a hot or cold buffet, although they were both cold! My plate was cold, so was the egg and the bacon...sausage was tepid but was so pink inside that I couldn't eat it as wasn't convinced it was cooked and to top it all the toast was soggy.
It was sold as a SPA hotel but it was not. Everything looked a bit tired. The rear conservatory was beautiful to sit in although a little bid cold.
Nobody it seemed was able to immediately get into their rooms. We were ushered to the bar where we felt obliged to buy a drink....I think this is a way of making a bit of extra money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diana J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cricklade
De Vere Cotswold Water Park
#9 of 25 in Swindon
Stratton House Hotel
Stratton House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Cirencester

Been to Cricklade House? Share your experiences!