Just got back from a weekend at Cricklade House and was very impressed.
Stayed in room 36 in the main house, it was very clean, comfortable, traditional furniture with lots of character, bathroom spotless, quiet (even with wedding disco going on!). Staff very genuinely welcoming and friendly without exception, even called our room at 10:15 to warn that breakfast was closing but could stay open if we came down soon! Restaurant was beyond all expectations 3 course dinner was more like food from a gourmet restaurant than a country club/manor (please pass on my appreciation to the chef and dining staff). Dishes were delicately and artistically presented and tasted fantastic. Service was friendly and nothing too much trouble. Sports facilities were very impressive; full size snooker table & pool table, pool, spa, steam room (free to use), also tennis courts and golf all on site (didn't ask outside activity prices). We were recommended this hotel and will recommend others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in over 30 acres of peaceful, secluded grounds on the edge of the Cotswolds, the privately-owned Cricklade House offers a traditional, warm and friendly welcome for those in search of tranquility, comfort, good food and wine, with extensive recreational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cricklade House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cricklade House Hotel And Country Club
- Cricklade Hotel Country
- Cricklade House Wiltshire