After returning from a visit to friends who got married at this quaint yet ageing hotel and hearing of the sad treatment that has been received since the big day I feel it is only fair to put my view forward also. For reasons beyond the control of the staff, Yes there was a loss of electricity during the wedding day but more importantly there was a loss of pride and duty which I believe went much higher than the poor folk on the ground, who ran around working to a plan which was simply not in place. My wife and I did not want or expect drinks vouchers or free bees , we did not require or request discount on our very old ,tired and dated room. We simply wanted nothing more than for our very good friends to have a wonderful wedding day,whatever. I believe that it is in times of disaster when the effort rises and sets you above and beyond the call of your duty and makes you the venue to have your wedding because nothing is too much for your BIG DAY.
I believe that as a whole, Cricklade House let themselves down on this occasion. And I truly believe that if the management stopped hiding behind feeble excuses and positioned themselves in the shoes of the happy couple then they too would most certainly have felt let down also. I am of the old school and in my business I give my customers/friends whatever they request and sometimes this requires me to go that extra mile for them. Which is one of the reasons that they keep coming back. Unfortunately Cricklade house I myself shall not be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in over 30 acres of peaceful, secluded grounds on the edge of the Cotswolds, the privately-owned Cricklade House offers a traditional, warm and friendly welcome for those in search of tranquility, comfort, good food and wine, with extensive recreational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Cricklade House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cricklade House Hotel And Country Club
- Cricklade Hotel Country
- Cricklade House Wiltshire