The hotel is a very pleasant and gentle location for a nice relaxing break. The decor is a little tired particularly in the bedrooms and the general ambience could benefit from a fresh makeover.
A quiet relaxing place with a fun nine hole golf course, gymnasium and swimming pool it provides a great place to chill for a night or two but the facilities struggle to break beyond Three Star.
The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful and go a long way to providing a very pleasant experience.
The restaurants attempt at providing Fine Dinning is somewhat misplaced with style attempting to mask the huge void of substance. There is far more to fine dinning than fancy presentation, food served on a slate tile and well over priced tariffs/head. The standard of the actual cooking was not 'great'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in over 30 acres of peaceful, secluded grounds on the edge of the Cotswolds, the privately-owned Cricklade House offers a traditional, warm and friendly welcome for those in search of tranquility, comfort, good food and wine, with extensive recreational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cricklade House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cricklade House Hotel And Country Club
- Cricklade Hotel Country
- Cricklade House Wiltshire