“Terrible Rooms and Fraudulent Web Site!”
Review of Park End Wharf B&B

Park End Wharf B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lechlade
Park End Wharf B&B
Ranked #10 of 10 Lechlade B&B and Inns
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Terrible Rooms and Fraudulent Web Site!”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have stayed in Lechlade several times in the past several years and on this trip wanted to stay at the B&B associated with Arkell’s Riverside Pub. When you look for this B&B on the web, you get the website for Park End Warf B&B which has pictures of the pub and the pub’s B&B buildings as well as a picture of the Park End Warf B&B which is next door. The web site strives to confuse you into thinking the Park End Warf B&B is the pub’s B&B, which it definitely is not!

When I arrived in Lechlade I went straight to the Riverside Pub to check in and was told I was not booked with them. When I told them of my reservation they told me this happens regularly and that it was too costly to try and force the Park End Warf B&B to change their web site. They said the pub and it’s rooms were owned by the father of the owner of the Park End Warf B&B and when the father died the son sold off the pub and it’s B&B but still keeps the website as if they were all still under the same ownership.

After finding out our mistake we called the Park End Warf B&B several times before we got ahold of Paul (I think since he never gave me his name). He was very rude and said we must be mistaken as he was very busy with a wedding that day and did not have time to talk with me. He said if I wanted to talk about it, call him back in ½ hour and hung up.

My wife and I finally found a small dirt road that lead to the riverside which had access to the back of the row of houses of which the Park End Warf B&B was one. There was a lady out by the house barges and we asked her if she knew anything about the Park End Warf B&B. She said yes she knew the owner and would show us the room but that it was very bad and we would not like it.

WOW! Was she right! When we walked up to the B&B’s door, it was through tall un-mowed grass with dog turds scattered in it. The room was dark and dimly lit with a single ceiling light. There was a bag of partially eaten fast food on the night stand along with a dirty fork. The room was old and filthy. My wife immediately said she would not even sit on the bed, let alone sleep in it. At that point we left and drove back to the parking lot of the Riverside pub and luckily, they had one room left which we took.

I attempted to call “Paul” or whoever answered the phone that one time, but never did get another answer. I finally left a voice mail stating we were cancelling our (we thought) reservation and would report them as fraud to our credit card company if any charges appeared, including the deposit they requested.

Do Not Stay Here under any circumstances.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank IdahoTraveler83815

Families
Solo
Business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2011

The most unpleasant place I've ever stayed!. Firstly I was quoted £60 for a nights B&B and £70 came out of my account despite emailing and calling - I've heard nothing and not had a refund. When we arrived there is a sign on the wall to call to check in. Called for 40 mins until I eventually got hold of someone (whilst standing in the rain). 5 mins later someone came and let us in the room. They were clearly not expecting us and didn't know we had paid. The woman who checked us in said "I'm not going to come in as I don't want to get the floor wet" (it was raining) then on opening the door looked at the floor and said "although it's filthy anyway". She then gave us the key and left us to enter...to our horror!. Where do I start! The laminated floor was filthy, with a equally disgustingly dirty rug. There was one arm chair which looked as though it had come out of a skip - was so grubby. Fridge freezer in the corner, switched off and shut - so it stank. Bedlinen was clean but a total mismatch (4 different pillowcases and different duvet). The drawer had some randoms things them them (lampshades and old post). The "tea and coffee" provided was a basket of tea bags, 1 mug (no coffee/sugar/milk). The shower - whilst a reasonable shower was horrible with lots of hair on the cracked base and the tap dripped all night keeping us awake. We went to see if we could find/contact anyone - but couldn't get hold of anyone - so just decided to cut our losses and go to the pub. When we got in later in the evening - I couldn't bring myself to turn the lights on to reveal the true horror of the room - so left the bathroom light on to provide dim lighting. Got up first thing and left as soon as possible - never to return - there are far nicer places to stay in Lechlade - so never never go here. - Don't get this confused with the Riverside Pub B&B - they are right next door to each other and have similar web addresses - I haven't been there -but it seems to have better reviews on trip advisor.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank juliaall

Travellers are raving about these Lechlade hotels