“The epitome of good food”
Review of The Five Alls

The Five Alls
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Lechlade
Price range: US$0 - US$55
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The menu was fascinating, a new age of British food, the main frustration being the need to choose which of the dishes to eat.
Service was excellent, warm, welcoming, witty. The servings generous, the flavours rewarding. There is no point describing a dish as I suspect the menu changes from time to time. Whatever you choose will not be a mistake. I had the steak, mushroom and kidney pie, the genuine article, other family had fish, marvellous deserts ( I refuse to call all deserts "Pudding") and an excellent choice of wines, beers and ciders.

1  Thank geoffstuart46

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We eat here every few Months, as with the other reviews the food is really excellent, we particularly enjoy their fish, but you cannot go wrong with anything on their menu really.

Service in the restaurant is meticulous. You have to appreciate that this place is very popular, so the car-park can get full at peak times. The bar side/pub is well maintained, and their ales are well looked after.

If I were to find one niggle, it is with the pub side, the staff do get a little boisterous after 10pm and don't make you feel too welcome after this time, but I guess they have a home to go to and at peak times, they will have been completely flat out.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

almost perfect from first to last; could not fault the food, service mostly outstanding; low lights in bar made menu hard to read and disappointed they did not appear to know where the beef came from.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Grown up in the local area and still having family there, I visit that particular area quite a lot. But so many times we have been disappointed with the restaurants we've visited. On this occasion it was mine and my mothers birthday meal celebration and after a friends recommendation we decided on the The Five Alls. We made a reservation but they could only seat us early on the Saturday, as they were also hosting a wedding reception on the same eve. We were greeted at the door (by the manager?) and shown in to the beautifully stylish yet understated dining room, which had a very relaxed casual atmosphere. All the staff were warm, friendly and efficient. Although not a massive menu, there was a good selection for each course. I decided on the 28 day aged steak, while my parents ordered the plaice and calves liver mains. The food isn't cheap, this ain't no Harvester after all (£12 - £18+ per main), but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. All the food was beautifully presented and tasted even better. I believe all the ingredients are seasonal (so expect the menu to change?) and locally sourced where possible. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and will definitely visit again. I did also notice they have accommodation available, so if /when friends visit I will also be recommending this as a place to stay.

Sebastian S, Owner at The Five Alls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're very glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope you'll return again soon on your next visit back to the beautiful Cotswolds.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having traipsed around trying to find a nice restaurant on a Tuesday evening to find everywhere full! (Why?) I suggested the pub in Filkins ( 12 miles away) of which I had no idea of the name or what it was like.
We were not disappointed. Lovely village lovely restaurant and lovely service. Had whole globe artichoke to start followed by sea bream and my husband had cheese souffle followed by salmon with samphire etc. Very nice. Had our eyes on the steak and kidney puddings on the next table too as they looked gorgeous.
Lemon curd tart was heavenly, as was the peach Melba. Not cheap but well worth if. Strange things going on with the glass of Cloud Factory wine but we'll ignore that as it was promptly rectified. Definitely will visit again.

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We're glad that we were able to provide you with an experience to remember! We hope you'll think of us first next time and return soon!