All reviewswilliam morristhe pubhidden gemscallopssister pubsaturday nightburgerporkboth nightsgreat foodthames pathexcellent lunchhidden awayfriendly localsevening mealoff the beaten trackbar area
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We chose to eat at the Plough to celebrate my Birthday and took along our two young children. Lunches are busy so it is well worth booking. The food and service were excellent but what really stands out is the options for the kids, they really make an effort to make nice food for them too. The pulled-pork burger and sausage and mash went down a treat, as did the excellent Eton-mess sundae.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Spent two nights here and was so pleased with our choice. Quiet country Inn with rooms and excellent food. Ate in both nights as there was so much on the menu that we liked. Stayed in room 3 which was over the bar and slight noise from the many locals who visited every night! There was only a bath but it would not be possible to put a shower in that room, we prefer a shower. There were steps into the bathroom which is not a good idea for older persons. This is one of three inns in the group so we will have to try the other two!

Room Tip: Room three has slight noise as its over the bar.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Our group of ten friends visited The Plough today for a quick lunch. Most of the food was very good, but a couple of aspects were disappointing. Three of us ordered carrot and ginger soup which all agreed was tasteless, thin and very milky. We didn't send it back or reorder as time was short and the rest of the group would have finished their food before we could get another order. When the last soup was brought out (mine), the waitress also brought a salad, so had not brought the bread to go with the soup. I asked if bread would be coming, largely because the butter for another order failed to turn up and I didn't want to have to chase the waitress for my bread. She replied "Yes, but I've only got one pair of hands!" If she had been acting professionally she should have told me she'd be bringing the bread next so I didn't have to check. In any event, I am less than impressed with her attitude.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joan F
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Booked for lunch on a Wednesday as part of a day out to visit Kemscott Manor - onetime home of William Morris. Very wise to book as it turned out as this picturesque pub near the Manor soon filled up with happy diners. I had an excellent starter of white crabmeat on toast with avocado and the freshest of salads. For a main course I had fish and chips coated in a crisp Doom Bar beer batter. Espresso could have been hotter but you can't have it all! Service was charming and efficient. The visit to Kelmscott Manor was enjoyable too!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Had an impromptu supper here on our boat trip down the Thames. A great welcome for us and our collie, an interesting and varied menu, an atmospheric bar, and the food was faultless! A superb pint of Doom Bar, and the house red was very good indeed. We didn't stay, so can't comment on the rooms.