Review Highlights
Edible Italian Christmas Gifts

What a wonderful Cookery course this was! We had such fun creating delicious speciality Italian... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
sarahsK1873HO
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
via mobile
Marvellous Macaron Course

I attended on Saturday morning 10th November a macaron course with three other people. We had two... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2018
valeyjane

All reviews macaroons at home cookery school biscuits great fun chelsea buns cooking course wonderful morning learning how salted caramel brownie pasta fantastic experience great tips focaccia second visit cake take home
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Nestling in an idyllic setting, surrounded by beautiful courtyard gardens the Dancing Trousers Cookery School forms part of a fabulous Cotswold stone barn conversion.

As a newbie to the concept of the cookery school I was amazed just how easy cooking in a small group could be. Under Alexis' expert tuition we explored some of the beautiful cuisine of Italy including their classics like fresh pasta, pesto, their rustic breads, biscuits and delicious desserts.

Throughout the day, there was a great atmosphere as we perfected our dishes. Alexis made cooking fun and behind the scenes, Vanda looked after our every needs, washing up and preparing our ingredients for the next stage of the recipe.

Sitting down to share a meal that we had all prepared together was a lovely convivial experience. There are lots of photos on my 'Bon Appétit' page on Facebook, so do take a look!
Buon appetito!

1  Thank Aggworld
Reviewed 22 June 2015

This was my third visit, on each occasion attending the A La Start course; there is no repetition, because the menu is always different. As a complete beginner to start with, I feel each time I'm improving my knowledge and techniques, and at the end of each course I've felt I could prepare a complete meal for guests. Alexis is very welcoming and immediately makes you feel relaxed, and the day is both enjoyable and instructive. Thanks must also go to Vanda, who quietly clears up the inevitable mess that you create. I had a friend with me this time, and we're both going to do another course - a great way to spend a day out.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 10 June 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed our busy morning and my family are now enjoying the fruits of our Back to Baking course. Alexis shares her expertise with generosity, efficiency and patience, all delivered with good humour. Thanks Alexis and Vanda for a very pleasant and productive morning in a beautiful setting.
I shall certainly recommend your school to friends - and you haven't seen the last of me.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend the Thai food course with Alexis and Koj. It was well organised and ran smoothly and above all was very enjoyable - not to mention the delicious food at the end! We will be back!

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Alexis can I take this opportunity to thank you for a wonderful day on Saturday. I found the course really informative and working alongside you and watching what you were doing is by far easier than trying to pick things up by reading books or watching videos.

You have now given me the confidence to go out and buy a whole fish, prepare it, and then cook it. As mentioned the whole day was great culminating in the meal together at the end, that just finished things off perfectly.

Next stop "Vietnamese Street Food" can't wait !!

2  Thank John P
Lexi64, Owner at Dancing Trousers Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

John thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. It was grand to have you at Dancing Trousers and you were making that filleting look easy! We're looking forward to seeing you for Vietnamese.