“Quiet location, nice ambience”
Review of La Enrea

and 1 more site!
La Enrea
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montefrio
Reviewed 9 May 2013

3 of us spent a night here during a cycle tour, it was a second stay after a similar visit in 2008. La Enrea is in a nice quiet location about 10 mins walk from the charming town centre, and is adjacent to a couple of pleasant walks giving access to superb viewing points over the town. Our rooms were quiet and comfortable, we enjoyed our dinner in the courtyard ( a portly chef is ALWAYS a good sign ) and were well looked after. The bar is popular with locals after about 9.30pm. Good reasonably priced and well located option if you are happy to walk into town.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nige and Jane

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I had an excellent restful holiday. English speaking staff were friendly and helpful. The food not pretentious but delicious. The place was clean and quiet. The village and the countryside are beautiful. A great place for a chilled out break. I loved it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Polly B
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Overall, the hotel is very nice and clean. However, the air conditioner was broken in our room, and we were told they did not have a room with a working air condition. The ceiling fan was also broken, and the weather was quite hot when we arrived. The staff was very accommodating in providing a fan. Because we were leaving early in the morning, they brought us continental breakfast and fresh fruit to our room the evening before. Overall, the staff was helpful, but the upkeep of the equipment is less than desirable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noncamper
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It is a small family owned business. The people are friendly and very accommodating. If it is good weather, eat in the patio outside, preferably barbecue. It is a nice hotel for hiking and cycling in the beautiful region between Cordoba and Granada. I have been there 4 times and it keeps growing on me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terracotta J
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Booked a room for a Monday in February, informed restaurant closed but assured some were open in village. On arrival, checked with restaurants and all were closed in the evening. Hotel did not offer any form of food, so checked out and moved on. Hotel asks you to pay up-front, a bad sign - and now I know why!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The staff in nice and helpful (at least if you speak Spanish). I am not sure about the foreign language skill of the staff. The hotel in not luxurious at all, it is quite simple, but it is in a nice small town between Cordoba and Granada and very convenient for us that own a bike tour company. I eat there 3 times and 2 were very good (especially in the spring or in September when it is nice out), while another of the dinners was just ok.

Room Tip: Some rooms you can have wi-fi inside the rooms while others don't (you need to be in the lobby...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2010

This hotel is run by liars - on booking.com, they state that they are 8 km away from Cordoba, when they are actually over 130 km away!

I booked them through booking.com for a stay in Cordoba, believing the information they had provided. On the day of my checkin, I realized they were over 130 km away from Cordoba. When I called them in the morning to inform them and cancel their reservation, they did not have an English speaking staff. I requested booking.com to contact them, who told me their english speaking manager only comes after 5 pm in the evening. And when finally he came, they charged me full cancellation fees for 2 rooms, even though it was their fault.

In the end, I wasted lots of time and money, had to find another acco at the last moment in Cordoba and still had to pay this hotel for not staying there - shameful way to make money!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montefrio
Cortijo de Tajar Hotel
2 mi away
La Casa del Agua
La Casa del Agua
#1 of 5 in Montefrio

Been to La Enrea? Share your experiences!