“Tiny but worthwhile for delicious food”
Review of La Sacristia - CLOSED

La Sacristia
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Sacristía moroccan restaurante is moving to nerja and opening from early June .the new restaurant will be called: The Oasis of Marrackesh: Merida street,edificio Toboso,local N 2 (Next to hotel perla marina)
La Herradura, Spain
“Tiny but worthwhile for delicious food”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I ate there with my daughter. We arrived a half an hour late but the proprietor was waiting to welcome us.

The food was freshly prepared and cooked for us. Moroccan cusine was a first for me. Delicious!

It is well documented that they are moving to Nerja. I hope Trip Advisor keeps us informed of the new address. I will definitely go to Nerja to savour the food again.

• Visited May 2013
HICHAM A, Gerente at La Sacristia, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thanks for you sincere interest,as everybody knows,the restaurant will be moving to Nerja it will be called : the Oasis of Marrackesh and will open in early June.Merida street ,next to hotel Perla Marina( not far from the balcon of Europa . Sincerly yours: Hicham Abdou,Manager

Spain
“Walked past it 3 times”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

As you see we could not see this tiny little place but once found it was very good.
As previously stated all the food is prepared whilst you wait but well worth the wait and the hosts are both so friendly and helpful.
The are moving shortly to Nerja to bigger premises where I guess they will do very well.
Good luck to them
Joan and Howard

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Juanita2
Bolton, United Kingdom
“The restaurant soon not to be near the church”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

After visiting La Herrandura many times we discovered this excellent Morracan restaurant only to discover the owners are relocating to Nerja from early May. Herrandura s loss is Nerjas gain.
the cuisine was excellent together with the ambience of the owners.

• Visited April 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A definite must!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I regularly travel to La Herradura to visit my family. I cannot believe I had not been to this place before it was so delicious :) !
Me and my husband have been to morocco a few times and it is our most favourite place in the world. The food at la sacrista was better than food tasted in Morocco!

It is a little difficult to find, however it is sat right next to the church so if your lost just ask for directions to the church and you can't miss it!

Just a word of warning: this lovely little restaurant is very small and apparently is run by the husband who works on the bar and waits on the 4 tables, and the wife who cooks all of the food. She cooks everything from scratch to order (I even saw her making chips from scratch) which means it is all incredibly fresh, however this also means you can have a long wait for your food. I feel that if I had known this from the start I would have been a lot more relaxed at waiting 45 minutes. However I was delighted to find it was well worth the wait and I would definitely do it again.

Literally my only disappointment was that I'm now in England and I've got to wait 6 months until another of those chicken tagines :(

Oh one more thing... It is a little bit expensive however the food portions are big enough for 2! Also it is like having your own personal chef and personal waiter which I'm sure would cost a bomb!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Corkiedee4
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Little Moroccan delight”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stumbled across this lovely small restaurant last night, I must say its not the most easiest restaurant to find. The food took a little while but I have to say it was well worth the wait it was mouthwatering, a real taste of morocco. we were even able to take our left overs with us because the portions are very big for one person. The man and his wife are very welcoming his wife is an AMAZING cook.

Having been in morocco I must say the dishes we experienced we're a lot more flavoursome then some of the ones we had in morocco.

• Visited March 2013