“Free tapas!”

Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in La Herradura
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed this place. We went there with the intention of having nibbles before dinner but after a few drinks and a few free tapas, found that we didn't want dinner.
Nice atmosphere, good food, wine and service and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Whilst it's been a while since I've been here, I think that the standard of tapas and various wines on glass pour are far superior to any other bar/restaurant in La Herradura. The owner has more than one establishment and clearly is a seasoned professional in the trade. The tapas are excellent, sometimes more creative than the standard tapa for the zone, and there are some excellent raciones on the menu that you won't find anywhere between here and Granada, for example, the morcilla. Morcilla is a personal taste issue - for everybody that likes it, each one likes it a certain way. I myself like it quite well seasoned with a touch of Arabia, and La Bola Marina certainly wins my taste vote for the region.

1  Thank Mary O
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We went for tapas here and I was a bit disappointed at first with their first tapa accompanying our drinks, they gave us a ham and cheese bagle with tomato purée inside. It was ok, but in comparison to my previous visits in which I had either delicious fried fish or steamed clams, it was like if I was at a students bar downtown Granada. We decided to order some dishes and I highly recommend to try their poached egg over foie with Spanish ham dices on top, it's yummy and tasteful that you'd love its flavor explosion in your mouth. Their second and third tapas were pinchito moruno and a fried fish. So if you just want to go for tapas, wait for the second one and get some dishes in the meanwhile, they also have an impressive red cheese.

1  Thank Beach-Dew
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We go to La Bola Marina as much as we can, and often bring our friends. It is definitely the best place to eat in La Herradura and is always packed with both the locals and foreigners. The owner, chefe Manuel has a comprehensive menu of truly fantastic tapas and great Spanish wines offered by the glass in the bar area and delivers it all with the warmest heart and professional hand of an authentic Andalusian chef. The restaurant area is equally good, we go there for special occasions and longer meals. La Bola Marina also as a great wifi service that always works, a must for the kids.

1  Thank StefanNerpin
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The tapas at Bola Marina were the best we experienced whilst we were in La Herradura. This area of Spain tapas are given free with your drink ! The raciones list is very good, we would return here.