“Lovely place to stay”

Hotel Estrella de las Nieves
Ranked #1 of 1 Pampaneira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a really lovely hotel - the rooms are spacious, airy and comfortable, the views are great, the staff are friendly and it's very reasonably priced. We had 3 rooms, one double and 2 singles. They were all actually the same size with double beds - the one booked as a double had a terrace as well with a view of the hills. It's probably worth asking for this when you book. The pool is at the top of the hotel with a view over the mountains. Breakfast is a buffet with a wide choice and is serve from 9-11am which we really appreciated.
We had booked for one night with the thought that we could always stay a second if we felt like it - within 5 minutes of arriving I knew I wanted too and luckily this wasn't a problem.
Pampeneira is a beautiful small village with a good range of restaurants and bars - tourist shops too if you want. A great place to stay for a few days - we found really nice places to eat. The climb up to the hotel is pretty steep but who cares when everything was as good as this. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace and view - our room was 101 and is slightly set back but still good. 1...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine G

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a quite large new place built wit EU subsidies, as a large sign in front of it lets you know. Rooms are airy, bright and clean. However, the hotel is apparently run by a family, what makes it rather personal (you'll always find a few flowers in yor room). Breakfast was OK and the price was right, too.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terbang
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was here only for one night, but I will sure be back soon! My room nr 109 in the front had a perfect view on the mountains, through big windows. I loved the little balcony with great lying sunbed on it.
The room had enough space and the beds were good. It was quit.
For the rest is the hotel modernly decorated and clean, with nice details like the colored bathroom sink and little flower and butterfly stickers on the wall. For me that shows the owners take care of it. What I also already noticed at the entrance full of flowers and spanish details.

The breakfast buffet I believe was very complete and had a nice room to enjoy it. But I prefer not to have a television on. I loved the swimming pool view of the mountains and the grass around the pool. Also there are some nice sun beds and a shower. It's a bit to small, when a complete Spanish family uses the pool.

I enjoyed this hotel by myself, and then it is great to notice the nice service and smile of the people working here. Unfortunately they could not speak English and my Spanish is not so well, what caused some miscommunication about check-out time.

The Wifi on this room did not work well, so I needed to take my laptop to the small lobby without privacy and people coming in and out the hotel.

By car this hotel is easy to reach and there is a big parking place nearby. The hotel is high located in the village, which makes you climb up from the main square. Also from the bus I really did some searching how to walk. But this is also what makes Pampaneira so special, all those narrow cute looking streets where you can walk around for a long time.
I think this place is really worth visiting and from here you can do some nice hiking to Bublion and Capileira. I made my reservation by directly phone to the hotel and that worked fine.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are at the front with a balcony or terrace, so you will have a great mountain and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jasmijn1977
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and it was heaven. The view from the room is out of this world. The family run atmosphere is so nice, really friendly and helpful with everything. We had our 18 month old son with us and nothing was too much trouble, from breakfast to a cot. The value for money is the best we had in Spain. Rooms are huge and clean, nicely decorated and a really nice bathroom with dual sinks, and it has wifi in the room. But it's
all about the view here, it really is priceless. You will not regret staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bennycoulter
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a most delightful hotel, with friendly people and enormous rooms with all the amenities one needs. We were given a room with a terrace with a wonderful view of the Sierra Nevada. The bed is latex and very comfortable, the room was quiet (although the night was cold and we did not sleep with the window open), the TV is new and one can watch BBC news, the bathroom is large with two basins and it is very easily accessible to the town which is about 100m down the hill. The price, which included a very adequate breakfast, was remarkably low. We were sorry we only booked for one night and may return for another couple if our time in this area permits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace. I believe all have a view, but don't think they all have terraces...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suem030
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Although situated on the edge of the town it is very central for the bars restaurants and square are all a few minutes walk away. The rooms are modern very comfortable with great views from the 2 balconies (room 107). My wife was very impressed with the walk in wardrobe. Owners are very friendly and helpful. One evening it went very cold and they put down a rug in the bedroom. Breakfast was very good with the usual fruit, jamon, cheese etc but some good touches with nuts soaked in honey and covered with yogurt. Also makes a great walking base to Bubion and Capileira. The jacuzzi was ideal after a days walking!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views but we definitely en joyed room 107
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnbooth4
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We've been there at the beginnig of Oct. 12. It is a new, clean and wonderful hotel. The rooms are spacious, well decorated, in the Spanish tradition and the service is excellent. Very much recommended. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michal B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pampaneira
Hotel Villa de Bubion
#1 of 1 in Mecina Fondales
El CastaNar Nazari
El CastaNar Nazari
#1 of 1 in Busquistar

Been to Hotel Estrella de las Nieves? Share your experiences!