“Great holiday!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Valor B&B and Inns
South-East
“Great holiday!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This charming B&B is located in the peaceful village of Valor. Hosts Dave and Jill are really attentive and helpful, and Dave's guided walks around the amazing local mountain scenery are something else! The bedrooms are kept spotlessly clean and the roof terrace has amazing views and free drinks! It was only after we returned to England that I realised we hadn't had a TV in the room, but then, who needs it when you can spend time over Jill's great dinners chatting with other travellers anyway... We really like "proper" Spanish villages and this area is rich in them - but the locals are really friendly and helped us at every turn. While we there we met a Dutch couple travelling round the area and staying at Los Arcos for the second time in a week - they couldn't find anywhere else better value and as good - and also an Irish couple who have been walking the mountains (on their own!) for the last 15 years. Great company, great fun, we'll be back again. PS the weather helped ...!!!

Room Tip: Seems all rooms are good but go for room 3 if you can the balcony view is amazing - PS remember to s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is the best B&B's we visited in Andalusia. David & Jill are really kind and will make sure you will fall in love at Los Arcos. The view at the roof terrace is breathtaking, the beds are super. The walks through the surroundings are a joy. Keep up the good work, we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eva H
Almeria, Spain
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is a great place to stay in a beautiful part of Spain. The location, rooms, service and the food were very good. David and Jill run this small 5 star hotel with no compromise and made us feel very welcome. The dinner on their roof terrace was particularly good. The stay was also excellent value for money. We will return shortly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simonandjof
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We requested a location south of Granada in a remote, quiet spot of rural Spain. What an experience!! Location, rooms, food, all terrific! David & Jill do an exceptional job of making you feel very welcome in their outstanding B&B, overlooking the village square, in this beautiful little village of Valor. Our holiday schedule allowed us one night and that is our only regret. Jake & Betty, Kincardine, Ontario ,Canada.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Betty J
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 May 2013

From the moment David met us at the door at 1am to the time he dropped us back to the airport at 4.30am 5 days later David and his wife Jill just couldnt do enough for us. Their beautiful home is run to an exceptional standard, 5 star food, a different home made cake every day, complimentary bar, delicious packed lunches (with a surprise thrown in every day!) and David's easy company and expertise on guided walks through the most spectacular scenary. Jill even invited us to join her at her dance class in the next village one evening and drove us there and back. I learned Im no dancer but I can laugh at myself !!! Every single aspect of our trip was second to none. We were only away for 5 days but I felt so good I thought Id had a 3 week holiday. And as a single traveller I really apreciate the lack of a single room supplement, fantastic value for money. Do not pass by Los Arcos. Thank you David and Jill.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucy F
Dublin
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Anyone who reads my reviews will know that I can be scathing when I find poor service or have a bad experience with an accommodation provider. On the other hand I like to give credit where credit is due, and to encourage and endorse excellence. That is why I am coming back to review Los Arcos, even though I have reviewed it in the past.
Last week I spent four wonderful days hiking in Las Alpujarras with Los Arcos proprietor David Drummie, and enjoying the hospitality that is so well managed by his wife Jill. Along with a group of friends I hiked on four different mountain routes led by David, along mountain paths through carpets of wild flowers and by running streams, breathing in clear mountain air and enjoying some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. Each day we finished up on the spectacular roof terrace of Los Arcos, enjoying tea, home-made cake and complimentary drinks. It was an incredible few days that left me feeling totally refreshed and I'd do it all again tomorrow, if I could.
On one of the evenings we had dinner in Los Arcos, a wonderful feast cooked by Jill that was an absolute hit with all of the group and that was a highlight of the trip. That was something I'd do again, without a doubt.
All in all, this is a great place, run by a great team, and I continue to return here and to this beautiful area. I can't wait for the next trip.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rockyroad2dublin
surrey
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A beautifully restored house in the village square the attention to detail is second to none. Jill and David have made this more than a B & B it is also their passion to see that everyone goes away having had a good time, whether it is walking with David, eating Jill's food or just relaxing on the terrace.
The rooms are spotless and cleaned every day with fresh towels etc and the friendly ambience makes this an ideal holiday spot whatever your length of stay.
We would highly recommend this B & B and the Los Arcos walking holiday. We had a fantastic 5 days and when we get fitter Barry and I will be back!

Thanks David & Jill

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sheppsSurrey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valor
Hotel los Berchules
Casa Rural Las Chimeneas
Casa La Ladera
Casa La Ladera
#2 of 4 in Valor

Been to Los Arcos? Share your experiences!