“Great hotel for business trips”

Hotel Spa Torre Pacheco
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Torre-Pacheco
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great hotel for business trips”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel might feel abit remote if you don't have a car but if you do, go for it.
The rooms very spacious, well decorated and very clean. Comfy beds.
The hotel has a nice garden and pools with sun beds. Breakfast was well supplied with both health and not sp healthy options. I had dinner in the restaurant on night and the food was delicious and the service was excellent as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BobandMargaretha
SubdirectorHSTP, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Torre Pacheco, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank ypu BobandMargaretha for your comment.

You only have beautiful words for us. We only can answer: Thank You!!! again. And come back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we bought our apartment and for the value it was great. The rooms and nice, the service is amazing and the beer is great. Free wifi went down a treat.

Breakfast room is not the nicest, but everything else is great and cheaper than the intercontinental.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BearGryllsUK
Thank you BearGryllsUK for your comment.
In summer (mid july to august) buffet breakfast is served in the wedding salon, facing the outdoor terraces pool and garden.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Free parking. And a decently priced room. That's about the only positive remarks I have. And if you play golf, you will be pleased by the proximity to a course.

The staff was helpful, but not very friendly.
The Hotel is worn out, and the decorations really tacky. From the outside it looks more like a gentlemen's club than a Spa hotel.
Plastic orchids, covered in dust, greet customers in the lobby. The elevator is lit by one working bulb out of 4. The breakfast buffet is in the basement, looks like a bunker down there. The bar opens at 11am (!!!) so it's impossible to get a decent espresso or cappuccino in the morning, you are stuck with an automatic coffee machine that squirts some deadly black water.
At the bar they do not have Red Bull, or any other energy drink.
In the room, which was spacious and properly outfitted, the shower was a complete disaster (the water was ending up everywhere but in the tub).
There was a screw sticking out of the floor between the bathroom and the bedroom, which ripped my sock and hurt my foot.
The minibar was empty.
And the hotel website portrays a swimming pool that does not exist, the actual one is a lot worse than the one pictured on the website.
I did not have the chance to try the Spa, but my expectations were not too high honestly.
One to skip.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor. looking at the side or the back. It's quiet and doesn't smel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FrancoAmsterdam
SubdirectorHSTP, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Spa Torre Pacheco, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you Franco for you comment.

I am sorry that the hotel was not to your liking. As for the photo of the pool at the website there are several pictures where the true size of the pool is appreciated. The minibar s usually empty, we fill it on request, but you always have a complimentary bottle of water in your room.

Travellers are raving about these Torre-Pacheco hotels

spain
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had a two night stay at this modern Hotel in February 2014. The staff were all very pleasant, the room large and comfortable, but it is all looking a little worn. The shower in the bathroom was broken, bedside lights were not working, and the one armchair had tears and holes in the cover. The reception staff immediately sent someone to fix the faults but then, on the second evening of our stay there was no hot water, nor on the following morning. When I went to pay the Bill and complained I was given a 20€ discount.
The evening meal was not brilliant but breakfast was ok, with a selection of fruits, meats and pastries and hot trays of bacon and scrambled eggs.
We didn´t get to use the Spa....It is the quiet time of year and it wasn´t open very often.
Certainly not up to a 4 star Hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the Hotel overlooking the gardens are the best
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank almerienseSpain
SubdirectorHSTP, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Torre Pacheco, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you Almeriens for ypur comment.

First of all i apolgize for the issue with the hot water, there was a failure in the system. It was resolved the same day, after your check-out

In tthe headboard there are 4 light. 2 of them are really hot, so they are usually disconnected. If the client asks us we connect them again.

Dayweeks in winter the spa is open only the evening, from 16 to 21. Weekdend is open the whole day.

Thanks again
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent value 4 star hotel in the middle of Campo de Cartagena area, conveniently located for golfers and fresh produce people alike.

Good restaurant on site with a good a la carte menu.

Free parking.

Nice modern, clean rooms with everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel.

It provides a good alternative to the Intercontinental over the road at a fraction of the price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sisco T
murcia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Well, where to start. I am a local entertainer and have worked in most of the hotels in and around the area, in fact I will be performing at the intercontinental next week. This is about one of the only hotels I have not and as it was my wife's birthday, thought it would be nice to book in for one night, have a meal and not have to drive home.

Booking in was easy enough and the receptionist pleasant. She even wished my wife a happy birthday. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the car park, so not the best view and a little noisy with the traffic. There was no complementary water in the room as stated, so I telephoned down to ask for some. A man arrive and asked what it was we required and as I speak a little Spanish was able to tell him and also ask how to use the safe as there were no instructions. I think if you do not speak Spanish it would have been a little difficult. There were no leaflets or books to advise what menus were available in the restaurants, no information on spa treatments. Nothing about what might be in the local area. The room was very sparse and not very clean, there was thick dust along the top of the headboard and under the bed, two long thin pillows no spare pillows in the room. I had to wash the bath before I could use it,there was no rubber bath mat, my wife thought the bath very dangerous as it was very slippery and I had to help her out after she had a shower as no hand rail. The light switch and basin surround were not that clean. The plug socket was fitted badly with big gap at the top, as was the toilet roll holder which spun around if you used it. The grouting around the bath was thick, overlapped the bath and looked like it had been done by a 5 year old (Not something acceptable for a 4 star hotel) there were holes in the wall under the washbasin.

As it was 2 o’clock (booking in time) we decided to have a coffee and snack, unfortunately the buffet restaurant was closed and the café on the reception area was deserted with no one behind the counter, no menu or any indication they did food, accept for a microwave on the counter. I asked at reception and she said she would call her colleague. Eventually a woman arrived (non English speaking) no menu offered, just a salad or a cheese and ham sandwich or boccadillo, as my wife is allergic to cheese we declined and made our way across the very busy main road (no lights, no crossings, just make a dash if the traffic isn’t too busy, not recommended with young children or push chair. We tried some of the café/bars, all of which were doing menu de dia, and as we were planning a meal in the restaurant later we drove to Los Alcazares for a snack (as I mentioned earlier I live not too far so know the area well).

Around 8.30pm we went to the restaurant to have our celebration meal. When we entered the restaurant it was deserted, we looked at the menu which was displayed on a stand. A waitress approached, went to a shelf handed us a menu without speaking and walked away! no good evening, no would you like a table for two, nothing, we were just left standing. After a minute or two my wife looked at me and said lets go. So all in all not a very good experience. I have stayed in many other hotels 2 and 3 stars which were much cleaner, friendlier and luxurious than this hotel. It is, in my opinion not Suitable for non-Spanish speaking clientele, staff do not speak English, papers and magazines in the café/seating area were Spanish even though free local magazines and papers are published in English, and some in German. I would not go back or recommend it.
I have photos but the site is not allowing me to upload.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank b d
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel as it is very close to San Javier (Murcia) airport.
The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were all very pleasant and the hotel had a nice atmosphere. We were not expecting a resort type hotel but that was not what we were looking for. As far as I know hardly any hotels outside the U.K. have tea making facilities in the room, so we were not expecting this either. We did not use the outdoor pool, but it looked o.k. and there was a lifeguard in attendance.
What we did have however was a great meal in the hotel restaurant Vitruvio. Highly recommended. Good choice of typical Spanish dishes, well cooked. The bottle of excellent wine was also reasonably priced. Would certainly recommend this
An ideal hotel for a short stay and would advise anyone not to miss dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torre-Pacheco
Senator Mar Menor Golf & Spa Resort
525 Hotel
525 Hotel
#1 of 7 in Los Alcazares
Hotel Costa Narejos
Hotel Costa Narejos
#2 of 7 in Los Alcazares
Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia
Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapi...
#4 of 6 in San Pedro del Pinatar
Hotel Los Narejos
Hotel Los Narejos
#5 of 7 in Los Alcazares
Hotel Cristina
Hotel Cristina
#3 of 7 in Los Alcazares

Been to Hotel Spa Torre Pacheco? Share your experiences!