All reviews clover bar on site mar menor pool view italian restaurant nomad restaurant whirlpool bath main restaurant pool bar golf resort the actual hotel hotel restaurants amazing hotel public areas late check murcia airport sun loungers
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Beautifull hotel , rooms good with spacious bathrooms. Breakfast excellent . Only eaten in the Spanish restaurant so far but food delicious and staff friendly.

Remote location

On arriving here we were very disappointed to see we had to pay 15 euro a day for the Bali beds around the pool. After sunbathing for a morning on the uncomfortable sunbeds I asked to speak to the manager about the charge, stating that it was not on their website. I was totally flabbergasted when he just said that was the charge and suggested I go to another hotel. I actually walked away speechless, having never been treated or spoken to like that before.
What a shame that such a nice hotel is let down by the top person!

Room tip: Ask for pool view
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lorraine C
intercontinentalmm, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Thank you for your candid review.
We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations.
We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.
We are sorry to disappoint you with the charge of the Bali beds, but this is an extra service that we offer and for extras we charge a small fee.
We are sorry if you feel that the manager did not treat you in a proper way, it has been never our intention and we apologise if you had that impression.
We believe that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

This is our second visit to the Intercontinental Mar Menor & it won't be our last. As an IHG member we love this hotel; rooms are superb, food is lovely, pool is idillic, staff are friendly & helpful, location is great & overall ambience is relaxing and peaceful. The fresh fruit in the room everyday is very welcome as you relax & get ready for the evening. And thank you to the chefs for their perfectly cooked poached eggs they cooked me each morning.

I also thought the gadget on the tables in the club house to call the waiter & ask for the bill was excellent -I wish everywhere had these.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
intercontinentalmm, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG® Rewards Club member.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again for the third time and much more times.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I stayed here whilst on a business meeting. The place is amazing. A top quality golf course is right on the doorstep with a superb swimming pool, out door bar, great restaurants and on site pro shop. Fab place to do business, relax and enjoy.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

A short break, at this exceptional hotel complex, the breakfast was amazing ,with a range of foods you won't always see.
The staff are attentive and nothing is a chore, I will certainly be visiting this hotel again. The pool is a joy and the attention to detail taken to prepare the pool in the morning should be watched.

Trip type: Travelled with family
intercontinentalmm, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We had lunch in the golf bar today. Waited 20 minutes to get a drink. When we ordered one meal came up wrong and the other wasn't ready at the same time so I had eaten my meal by the time my partners meal came. No one seems to know how the till works and it needs three people every time something is put through the till. Waiting staff working very hard but it's chaos. Interestingly booted and suited manager came in but didn't speak to any customers. Too scary probably. Needs work.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizh905
intercontinentalmm, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Thank you for your candid review.
We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

BadanD