“Stunning sea views family friendly”
Review of La Capitana

La Capitana
Ranked #28 of 59 Restaurants in El Cotillo
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

A favourite lunch venue for all members of our family. It does boast the most stunning views of the harbour while still providing shade from the hot sun. Staff made our kids feel welcome and provided a kids menu. The starters are simple and unique combinations. Fish platters are an obvious choice. Do recommend the kid meat stew. But is the iced glass beers that have won this venue my heart and holiday memories

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We have spent two weeks in El Cotillo for the past three Octobers and eat out almost every night. On our first visit we asked about good restaurants and were told that La Capitana was one to avoid. This year we had been to every other restaurant and there are some excellent ones, especially Azzuro, Pescadore, Casa Rustica and the pizza restaurant in Lajares so it was time to complete the set and went to La Capitana. The staff were very friendly and the service was good. The steak is listed as sirloin and I ordered the one with rochfort. This turned out to be fillet steak which was large, perfectly cooked and the most tender I have had on the island. My wife had fish which she couldn't fault. We were so sorry that we hadn't been before that we decided to go again on our las night. On that occasion we both had steaks. I had the one with calvados and although it was not quite as good as the previous one it was still excellent and my wife was well pleased with her rochfort steak.
A nice touch was the full choice of complimentary liqueur with the bill which was reasonable.
We will definitely be returning a couple of time next year.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Stunning setting. Best paella on the island so far. And I love paella! Aubergine and jam starter was insane. Very competative prices. Great setting - can hear the sea lapping away. Happy bunnies :-)

1  Thank Oci_1
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stopped in for a quick bite, and ended up staying for a full on meal. The waiters are really friendly, and happy to help you with anything you get stuck with on teh menu

1  Thank Jon_and_AnnMarie
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was our first trip to the island and to El Cotillo, unfortunately we didn't find La Capitana until our penultimate night. It was a monday night and quiet but we were well looked after , we ordered a couple of simple starters which were very nice and followed on with Chefs Fish Fillet and a Sirloin Steak. My steak was cooked to perfection and accompagnied by an excellent half bottle of Rioja was most enjoyable, my wifes fish was completely boneless and she rated her jug of Sangria to be the best of the week. Neither of us could fit a pudding in so we left well contented and only 54 euros lighter.