“SPA reception staff quite rude”

The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a two night bed and breakfast deal, we booked a spa treatment before we arrived and the guy taking the booking seemed very untrained and was quite rude on the phone, we asked for email confirmation which never arrived, they claimed they sent it to the wrong email address, yet reservation email for stay came to right email. We did question this at check in and was directed to the spa, they eventually found the booking. When we were there my girlfriend went for her treatment and they could not find the booking, this caused unneccessery stress, once they had found it she had her treatment which she said was great, on payment there was confusion about us being on a spa break which was sorted out. Then on the sunday before we left we booked a facial, the staff again were rude and very condesending because we werent on a spa break, my girlfriend asked for a robe whilst she waited for her £40 facial and was flatly refused. At this hotel book a spa break or expect to be treated with contempt.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
KristianCampbell, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you Paul S for your feed back. I am sorry your experience was not up to our usual high standards. Please be assured we will be investigating and carrying out further training with the mentioned department. On a more positive note I am glad your partner enjoyed her treatments.
Warm regards
Kristian Campbell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We have just returned home after a 5 day break at the Belfry.
The hotel staff, room and facilities were excellent. The self service breakfast was very good but the evening meal menu was very limited and did not change at all the whole time we were there. There is only so much cottage pie we can take. Two evenings we were told one or more items on the menu were 'off'.
The wines were mediocre and expensive
We will probably be using the Belfry again but, please improve the menus.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you Barns_news for your feed back. It sounds like you might have been staying with us a tour party who we do offer a different menu for. However in our Bridge restaurant we offer nightly specials, change our seasonal market menu weekly along with our fixed a la carte options so I am sorry you felt the choice was limited.
I will also share your comments on the wine offering with our wine suppliers. On a more positive note I am glad you found the staff, facilities and bedroom excellent.
Next time you are planning on staying with us please do get in contact to discuss the options with either myself our our Head chef Phil.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Rooms were nice and spacious. Nice gym. Food was good.... Really no coplaints

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you SteveyW, for your positive comments on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area for business.
Regards

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Booked in for 5 nights I took my bag out of the room on day 3 and when I got back the same night someone else had occupied my room. Yes I still had the key card and I hadnt checked out. When I complained at reception they told me I had checked out. Er no I had not. Also they told me the hotel was full and they had absolutely no vacancies. No explanation nothing, leaving me to drive to a friends house 100 mile away. For such an expensive hotel very poor service.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you Chrisreay, I am sorry for the mix up during your stay with us. I believe our Front of House manager has already been in contact to apologise and explain how the situation arose.
Regards

Reviewed 7 February 2012

This Hotel is a must if you love good food and want to know which wine will most compliment your choice. It is clear that all of the staff, no matter what role they are in, are hand picked for their politeness and happy friendy disposition.
The rooms are well designed and very clean. I slept really well though my husband felt that the bed was too hard for his comfort.
A must to try for breakfast are "Nina's" Poached eggs - cooked to perfection!!
Excellent choice of facilities and complimentary therapies.
We can't wait now to try the other QHotels. Julie Godfrey

Room Tip: The Hotel is situated back from the main road, so no trafic noise!!! in fact no noise at all. Very...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
KristianCampbell, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you Julie G for your positive comments I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the team did us proud once again. I have also passed on your comments to Nina about her perfect eggs! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed at the QHotel last weekend on 1 one night spa package and I must say we were very impressed. Unfortunately due to the bad weather the heating wasn't working in our room but it was working in one of the penthouse suites so we were offered a free upgrade. The dinner and breakfast that was included in our package was also very good. The Spa team were also very nice and we had some lovely treatments.

The only thing I would say is the spa area was very busy on the Saturday but I guess they can't help the amount of people who go at once.

Our room was clean and spacious.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get a penthouse suite, was lovely!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you Grant H for your comments, I am sorry the heating wasn't very powerful during the recent cold snap this is something we have no had rectified. I am glad you enjoyed your upgrade and were overall impressed with the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Lovely new hotel. Room was very comfortable. Lovely furnishings and decoration. Bathroom particularly good, with both good size bath and separate shower. Staff very polite and helpful. Only problem was the evening meal in the restaurant. Very poor. The rating I would have given for the Hotel would have been excellent, had it not been for this. The chef needs some more lessons.
Location is great for Cambridge, but obviously you need to travel in.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
KristianCampbell, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for your comments 1963MY. I am sorry you did not enjoy your food, something I will be address with our Head Chef. We normally receive positive feed back on our food offerings but we appreciate your honest feed back. On a more positive note I am glad you found the other elements of the hotel excellent.
Warm regards.
Kristian Campbell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
The Gonville Hotel
The Gonville Hotel
#2 of 37 in Cambridge
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!