“Spa Day” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Hertford, HERTS
“Spa Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Recently visited this hotel for a spa day for a birthday treat for my mum. Whilst I was surprised about the location as I think the name is mis-leading as it is not in Cambridge (yes I did find this out before I went but not before I booked the great spa deal!) and it is more of a conference hotel set on a modern housing estate I nethertheless had a great day and cannot praise the lovely beautician who carried out my treatments. Her name was Laura and I had the best back,neck and shoulder massage and foot treatment. I go on alot of Spa breaks and these were def by far the best treatments I have had. 10 of 10 for Laura : )) and have already bought another spa voucher for this hotel and recommended that my friends come here too.
Hotel was nice (what I saw of it) very nice bar area where my mum and I had afternoon tea after our treatments. Pool area OK, pool was quite small and had roped off area where they were carrying out children swimming lessons. Nice size jacuzzi and the steam room was fine. Changing area quite small. Liike I say def coming back to visit the beauty area for treatments. Good work Laura!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank loobie46
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear loobie46

Thank you for your kind comments with regard to your recent stay. I'm glad that both you and your mother enjoyed your Spa treatments and that you thought it was one of the best treatment that you have had. I know Laura will very proud to see what you have written and I will make sure that I show her personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mike Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have just returned from a Spa Break at the Cambridge Belfry Hotel and cannot recommend the Hotel more highly. From check-in to departure the staff were attentive, friendly and highly professional at all times. Every aspect of the service was first class, from Spa treatments, the quality and service at mealtimes, as well as a comfortable and clean room with tea and coffee facilities.
The staff were clearly happy in their work and this was reflected in their positive and warm approach to the Hotel guests. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will certainly be returning later this year

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim E
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Kim E

Thank you for the great comments you have posted for the hotel and the team. I'm glad that, although young, their personalities shine through and that guests recognise it.
We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel soon and once again thank you.
bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Me and 12 friends have just come home from a fabulous spa break hen package at this hotel . It was worth every penny . The treatment was very relaxing , the pool and spa area busy but well appointed and very clean . In fact the whole hotel was spotless . The staff - every single one of them were amazing , kind polite and very attentive - even when we were getting lively !!! As the bride to be my mum and I were upgraded to a penthouse suite free of charge on arrival which was a lovely . The bed was amazing . I was also given complimentary wine and a cocktail at dinner . The hotel is a credit to everyone who works there . Only slight niggle was unexplained room charges on check out made it a lengthy process but one of the managers was on hand to smooth the process . Highly recommended , great value and will definately return .

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank catsvina
Dear catsvina

I thank you for your kind comments, in particular about the team here at the hotel. It must be a very exciting time for you and your family, with the wedding approaching and I'm pleased that we were able to play a small part in the build up to the big day.
Have a wonderful wedding and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed for one night to visit Cambridge, and found the hotel to be excellent value for money, DB&B offer really good.
About 15-20 minutes drive from city, I suggest using Park & Ride as the car parks are extortionate for a long stay.
Our superior room had all we wanted, with bath and shower, trouser press, iron. tea & coffee etc.Comfortable bed, room a bit too warm, but no noise from outside or inside from other guests.
The restaurant was very pleasant, good choice of food and the service excellent.
Lots of choice for breakfast, traditional or continental included in price.
All of the staff were excellent, and had a smile and greeting for everyone.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear pecabarrett

Thank you very much for taking the time to give the hotel and it's team such lovely feedback, I will be sure to let them all know.
It is also a good tip, with regard to the Park & Ride. They work well and it can be almost impossible to find a parking space in town.
Many thanks
Westport, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed here 2 nights earlier this week - only around 8 miles out of town but much better value than staying in central Cambridge (around £72 b&b per night via otel.com). They have a spa / gym with a small but clean pool. Ate in the restaurant both nights and enjoyed what I had - a reasonable selection of wine by the glass (a little expensive but no too bad). Room was comfortable and well appointed - comfortable bed and a decent shower. Last point - I remarked to a colleague how cheerful and helpful every single staff member was during my stay - I dont come across that too often. Will return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMHGlobetrotter
Dear JMHGlobetrotter

I pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and many thanks for the kind comments about the hotel but especially the team. I will be sure to pass on your remarks and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Located approx 20 mins drive out of Cambridge within a new development. Parking is a challenge as hotel appears popular for conferences and use of leisure facilities to outsiders. But there is a drop off zone next to reception.

Service from staff both at reception and restaurant exceptional and accomodating. Hotel has a functional and warm pool and well equipped gym that appears to be shared with outsiders which could make the pool busy at times.

Restaurant is pleasant and dinner was slightly limited for choice when on a DBB rate although the rest of menu seemed comprehensive. Food well presented and tasty. Breakfast was self service, but there was ample choice of cereals, cooked and continental. Even muffins and uncut bread which was a nice touch.

Rooms are pleasantly decorated with flat screen tvs. Beds are comfy. Bathrooms at least for a superior room have own shower cubicles. External noise was not a problem.

Overal impression was a well managed and popular hotel which apears to attract the conferencing sector which might put off those looking for a less busy environment. Location is good but there is only the hotel for entertainment. Definetly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KristianCampbell, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Olitob,

Many thanks for your kind comments. I'm pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andy Hall
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I were recently visiting Cambridge and we wanted a base to travel from – this hotel was fab! We had booked for three nights on a special discounted offer, and I have to say we were delighted.

The room itself was a superior room, and we were delighted with the cleanliness. My wife and I are particular around this area, so we were pleased with what we had. Complimentary tea, coffee, water and biscuits were topped up throughout our stay. One minor point is that the room did not have a safety deposit box, so as I had my ipad and phones etc, this was slightly disappointing. However, I was allowed to take my valuables to the reception and these were stored in the hotel safe.

As we were visiting Cambridge, we didn’t really take advantage of the facilities albeit we did spend an hr. or so in the pool, sauna and steam room. Complimentary slippers and towels…nice touch.

We only had breakfast in the hotel as we had booked nights out in the centre of Cambridge. Very nice…albeit no black pudding??? The staff were pleasant but I have to single out one chap who was particularly good and attentive...his name was Dave. Unmissable as he has a ginger beard and ginger hair!!! (I am a ginger myself). He took the time and trouble to ask everyone how their breakfast was…anything he could do for the etc. etc. The girls was pleasant but did their job. Perhaps he should share this?

We had no concerns travelling from the hotel to Cambridge as I don’t drink. It’s about 15/20 mins in the car. However, if you are looking to get a taxi – be warned! £20 one way so £40 per return journey could make this expensive. I would also highly recommend the Park and Ride.

Overall though we were very very pleased and will no doubt rerun in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the lift!