“Autumn Break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
London, United Kingdom
“Autumn Break”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for a 3 night break,the room was a nice size and had everything you could need, the facilities in the Hotel and spa where great.
The staff where all very friendly and pleasant and it was nice to see plenty of staff as many places now seem to be getting rid of staff. The breakfast style buffet was excellent and the staff very helpful and always happy and friendly.
Only two negatives one being I mentioned to the receptionist on our first night about our towel rail heater not working and it didnt get fixed although this didnt seem to matter as the towels dried fine and that the plates could of been warmed for the cooked breakfast but this is being ultra picky as on a whole the place was great and we would definatly return. Congratulations to a great team of staff including the cleaners who also took the time to be polite and friendly. Thank you a lovely stay.

2 Thank Bish1971
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear Bish1971

Thank you for your review, I was aware of the plate warmer and we are waiting for a new element to arrive but not the heated rail in your room, so my thanks for pointing this out and I will ask maintenance if this has rectified yet.
The team is very important to me and I thank you for taking a little time out to write such great things about them, which I will pass on.
We look forward to welcoming you back one day.
Mike Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend conference. The conference facilities were good and were more than enough for what we needed. Coffee & refreshments were served as part of the package.

The lunch buffet was surprisingly good. The selection was varied as there were many different dietary needs & I believe that everyone was catered for.

Dinner was a 3 course set menu which again was very well prepared. The lamb cooked in 2 ways was excellent.

In my room I had a separate shower & a bath. Of all the hotels I have stayed in the shower was definitely the most powerful I had and was a definite change to the dripping of other 4 star hotels.

The only downside to the hotel is that it is a about a 20 minute drive to Cambridge town.

My sleep was undisturbed as it was very quiet with a comfortable double bed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hareends
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear hareends

Thank you for your kind review, we are indeed 7 miles from the city centre but very close to the park and ride. Parking in Cambridge can be very expensive, in some cases over £20 for 4 or 5 hours, so we would always recommend guests to use this facility. I will share your very kind comments with my team and I thank you for taking the time to write.
England
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Good location, spacious room. Ideal for females travelling alone on business or holiday. Good sized pool and gym with Espa treatments available. Evening meal OK breakfast selection very good - omelette worth waiting for.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank H0lidays50
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear HOlidays50

You are quite right, I like the omelette's as well. The breakfast chef will enjoy the recognition. Many thanks for your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Staff were lovely and so helpful they really couldn't have done more for you. The only thing that spoilt the weekend was the hotel was so busy. They had a wedding function on that felt like it took over the whole hotel which was fine of course but we did feel like wedding crashers when we went for dinner or were in the bar which was a real shame.

The spa changing rooms could do with an update. We though the food was fantastic especially for the deal we got.

3 Thank ASH763
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear ASH763

Thank you for your kind review, and I apologise if you feel that the wedding guests spoilt your enjoyment a little, we do provide portable bars in the function rooms to try to elevate congestion at the main bar but doesn't appear to have worked that well on this occasion.
I will share your comments with my team, once again thank you.
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We went on a spa break a party of 10. The treatments in spa were fantastic.accomadation was nice and comfortable..food was disappointing though small portions and a not very exciting menu. Staff in bar where very helpful and pleasent company a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank paulathompson72
Dear paulathompson72

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal and I will share your comment with the chef. However the fact that you found the rest of your stay "Fantastic" is very pleasing and I will certainly let the team know your thoughts.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I challenge any traveller to find a hotel with staff this sweet, helpful and considerate, or rooms and facilities this clean and looked after. There could have been more choices at breakfast, and the mattresses could have been a little more comfortable, but the people who work there, be they reservation managers, receptionists, housecleaning staff or breakfast room staff, are stars, one and all, and they're a priceless credit to the hotel.
I took my parents to the Belfry while their new home was being readied for them and the Belfry staff went out of their way to make their 10-week stay as comfortable as humanly possible. Among the numerous wonderful people who made my parents feel welcome and cared for (which, in turn, gave me peace of mind) were Andy, Theresa, Marta, Tina, David, Rita, Marios, Małgorzata and many more -- too numerous to count off!

Room Tip: All the rooms I visited overlook large, well-tended green spaces. Heating works particularly well, a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Perladelozean

On behalf of the team here at the hotel, may I say it was a pleasure to have your parents stay with us. I know they will be missed by the team and I sincerely hope that they will drop by and see us occasionally, once they have settled in to their new home.
Stotfold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Very clean & tidy modern hotel reasonably close to Cambridge with good Spa facilities. We stayed for a short weekend break for our anniverary so we could visit Cambridge and we found it very good value as the bus service into the City is very good except for Sundy night when there is no service after 6.00pm. The Spa facilities are good but you will need to book any treatments in advance as it is very popular, we just used the gym & small pool that they have. The breakfast is a very good self service buffet, and the staff were all excellent - very helpful, polite & courteous. We didn't have any other meals in the hotel as we ate in restaurants in cambridge on the two nigths that we stayed, although we did have acouple of drinks in the bar (expensive at approx £9 for a pint of lager & a medium white wine).

1 Thank John T
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Dear John T,

Thank you for your review.

I will be sure to pass your comments on the staff to the breakfast team. You are right that our spa is very popular and booking in advance is the best way to make sure you can get the treatments you would like.

We regularly review our bar prices to ensure they are competitive for the area and will bare your comments in mind during their next review.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Luke Comerford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#12 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!