“Relaxed and relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Ryde, England, United Kingdom
“Relaxed and relaxing”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I needed to be in Cambridge for two days' worth of meetings, but the drive in from The Belfry is perfectly bearable if you know the secret way in to the city centre (which I do not propose to share here!)

And this hotel is generally reliable. Staff are delightful, endlessly obliging and polite - George on Reception and Naomi in the restaurant are absolute gems! - and the location is pleasant, especially in the summer. Food varies according to the chefs on duty, but the waiting staff try hard to help wise menu choices.

The QHotels Breakaway Club does good deals. I needed to change my booking and found that e-mail contact with their Central Reservations office was excellent.

Room Tip: Higher up and looking out, not in.
1 Thank Duncan W
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Duncan W,
Thank you for your kind response about our staff, we really do believe they make all the difference.
I have shared your comments with George and Naomi who are both delighted to have received a special mention.
We look forward to welcoming you back once again,
Chris Marais

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Korean first
beccles, suffolk
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed just one night as close to Papworth Hospital. Good amount of parking, pleasant entrance area (could smell chemicals from pool though). Found all the staff polite and friendly. Room had most facilities and clean. Comfortable bed, spotless bathroom/shower etc., Terrible view from Bedroom window overlooking hotel roof and loads of air conditioning units. As I was there only the one night it did not matter. Breakfast was buffet and very good. Will stay again.

Room Tip: If staying for a while check the view if it is important to you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rumsby
Dear Rumsby,
Thank you for your recent review, I'm glad you found your room clean, with good facilities.
Your room must have been one facing internally, however, if a view is important, rooms can be changed dependent on availability.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chris Marais.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We recently stayed here for a friends wedding. The hotel is lovely! The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our room was a very reasonable size, with a shower and a bath. On the evening that we arrived we had food at the hotel bar, and it was lovely! Couldn't fault it at all. We had breakfast both mornings and there was a wide variety with someone to suite everyone, and the hot food was kept at good temperature.

The day of the wedding, the whole day was lovely, the room and the food were great. We had a very enjoyable day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Sazual,
Thank you very much for writing a review following your stay in the summer. I am really pleased that the hotel and team in particular made such a positive impression on you all. They will be very pleased with the feedback. Hopefully we will see you all again soon.
Truro, Cornwall
Reviewed 16 October 2013

It isn't every hotel that can cope with people arriving late. I'd been held up so I only arrived at 9.45 and although the restaurant and bar serve food until 10 I've been to plenty of places where they start to wind down before then or restrict the menu a bit. At the Belfry this wasn't a problem at all - I chose to eat in the bar and had a full (and excellent) choice.

The room was very comfortable and well equipped and the staff were extremely helpful. One definite plus - getting onto (and staying on) the hotel wi-fi was much easier than at some hotels I visit.

One small tip - for some reason my satnav takes me to the goods entrance of this hotel, so be prepared for the main driveway a little earlier than your satnav is saying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear CrinklyTraveller,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your say with us. I have passed on your kind words to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Belfry in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It's relaxing spa break! The staffs are friendly there, and the room is clean!! The spa area is clean as well!! The most important is that they provided a nice environment for the spa treatment!! It's so relaxing. One thing is not good enough is about their restaurant. The food is just only average standard! But what more we can ask, as the spa break package provided spa treatment, room, 3 meals. It's valued! Even more valued if book much early in advance!!
However, the valued spa package attracts a lot of people!! Therefore, it was a bit crowds in the weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear MUChampions 2013,
Many thanks for your kind review. Really pleased to see how much you enjoyed your spa break with us. It does concern me that the food was just average and I will address this with the team. I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team. Our spa packages are very popular and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

UK
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Rooms are ok.. My room always has a shower that sprays out horizontally would love to know how often they actually get descaled. Bar service was ok.. I tried to order a glass of spy vally sauvignon blanc to be told they no longer have it and have changed wines.. However did get a free cosmo from a trainee bar man. We were a group of five and hadn't booked a table.. Despite the restaurant not being busy we had to wait nearly 45mins to guarantee good service which actually it was and very bizarrely we could order spy valley sauvignon blanc in there?! Dinner was very good and so was the service.

Dear anon19,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear we did not meet all of your expectations. I am particularly disappointed with your shower and bar experience. We do on a regular bases descale them and I will follow up which shower this was to ensure it does not happen again. As for the bar, I am pleased we offered you a complimentary cocktail, but should have had the wine available when you asked for it. I have discussed this with my bar manager who echo's my apology to you for this. Please be assured that we will be using your feedback to continue to improve the service we offer to our guests. I hope that perhaps some time in the not too distant future, you give us the opportunity to show this improvement to you by coming and visiting us again.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We recently spent a night at this hotel to attend a wedding - we were impressed from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, all the staff were wonderful but in particular we have to give huge thanks to Stuart Campbell who was on hand throughout our stay and gave 100% to all guests in the wedding party. Congratulations to him and all the staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Paula C,
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed the wedding, and that Stuart made it that much more special. I have passed on your kind words to the team and Stuart. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambridge Belfry in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#12 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!