Had an absolutely wonderful spa break at the Cambridge Belfry last weekend (8 and 9 February) and am looking forward to going back.
The hotel was easy to get to with lots of parking spaces, we parked close to the entrance. Check in was swift and efficient, we were asked the reason for our visit which was for my birthday and after we had got to our room 2 glasses of sparkling wine were brought to us. A nice surprise and such a nice thing to do.
Our room was a standard room on the ground floor, lots of space and no noise disruption. There was adequate wardrobe space, a table / stand to put our suitcase on, large desk with chair and 2 comfy chairs and table. There was a nice area next to the wardrobe with a kettle, selection of teas, coffees and complimentary biscuits. All very nice and the hotel was happy to provide us with more teabags and milk when we asked for them.
The bathroom had a bath and shower which was a nice touch as well as complimentary body wash, shampoo and conditioner. The shower had different shower head settings and there was plenty of hot water. The seals on the shower doors had gaps at the top and bottom though which let water spray out onto the floor. And despite there being warnings about the heated towel rail it did not work! We did not report this to reception though.
The dined in the restaurant for 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners and a lunch and the food was delicious. There was a wide selection of food on the breakfast buffet, I enjoyed the cooked breakfast one day, which included scrambled and fried egg and a good quality sausage. There was also a good selection of fruit which was very nice, cereal and muffins. Even meals were very nice, we did not have to wait very long for food, it was presented well and was lovely. Lunch was also enjoyable although I was so full from breakfast I stuck to soup and some gateaux for dessert.
The swimming pool area was very busy on Saturday and initially I didn't think the pool was very big. But once we were in the pool we found that the pool was busy but then quiet as people came and went into the jacuzzi, etc, so we were able to do some swimming. The jacuzzi was also nice and the area felt clean. I didn't use the sauna and was briefly in the steam room.
The swimming area was quieter on Sunday and we managed to do more swimming. Had hoped to do more but the pool was closed at 5:15pm due to a problem. This was a shame and we were disappointed about this but it didn't spoil our day as we had managed to do some swimming.
We were lucky to have 2 treatments each - a 30 minute facial and 1 hour body massage. Both were very enjoyable and professionally carried out. The beautician was friendly and discussed the treatment before starting to ensure everything would be alright and what I wanted,etc. The treatment room was nice and clean, the bed comfortable and heated. Both treatments were very relaxing and passed so quickly - wish they would have lasted longer!
I found all staff I encountered to be helpful and friendly (Reception, Spa Reception, Beauticians and Restaurant staff). The hotel is clean and we liked the laid back environment. I would recommend this hotel for a stay / spa break and I definitely want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne
- The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel Cambourne, Cambridgeshire