Myself and my wife stayed at the Cambridge Belfry in January. We stayed in the Butler Penthouse suite for Two nights. It was fantastic, we had dinner in the room, champagne and exceptional service with the porter looking after things for us, bringing my wife extra milk for the baby ect. Nothing was too much trouble and I was really impressed. Breakfast wasn't great but thats corporate hotels I suppose. Obviously there are much better restaurants in central Cambridge, but it depends what you want.
My company currently use De Vere for our business travel accommodation and I was looking to transfer to Q Hotels as an option so I booked in to check things out. It was really good. I liked it so looked into things, got set up with the ThankQ scene and even spoke to our events team re: conferencing.
Now the worst thing I have had from a hotel company like this EVER!
I had an emergency meeting in London last week, My wife decided to tag along with my young daughter and do some shopping whilst I was working. We left London at 4pm and got stuck in major traffic on the M25, by the time we hit Cambridge on the way back to Leeds, I was too tiered to continue driving. My wife looked on Laterooms and saw the hotel had rooms, so she went to the Q Hotels website directly, availability was still shown. The 3G signal was poor but we were only 3 miles from the hotel so I decided to drive up and book in on arrival. The rude individual on reception said "no we are full tonight" so I went online and saw the availability was still live. I showed him, he then looked in the system and said "Yes we do have a room, but it is unserviced, with no heating or bathroom and disabled facilities, you can have the room for £117" by this point it is 22:00. I said to him "You didn't have this attitude when we spent over £500 on a two day stay in the butler suite, a couple of weeks ago" He looked at me, looked back in his computer and ignored me.
Just shocking, obviously a crucial fail in customer service. It leaves you wondering why you have just spent so much money with a hotel, to be treated like dirt once the credit details are removed from their system!
I fear I will never trust any Q Hotel again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne
- The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel Cambourne, Cambridgeshire