“Knockout nights stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Knockout nights stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have stayed here several times and once again this Friday 14th March for one night, the service at reception was so professional.

The room was perfect and prepared to the usual high standard.

We used the pool and if I was to have a complaint it would be that parents take very small children into the jacuzzi, despite the sign saying otherwise.

The dinner menu was excellent and the food was presented and served by staff who were attentive and ready to help with anything we required.

The buffet breakfast was cooked to perfection and more than enough to keep the hungriest person satisfied till lunchtime.

We will certainly be staying here again very soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Ken M,
Thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us. I am pleased you once again enjoyed your stay with us. I enjoyed sharing your review with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly.
Mike Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We decided upon the Cambridge Belfry as we wanted to visit Cambridge itself, and as we are q members we took advantage of one of their deals. We paid to upgrade to a suite but were disappointed as the room was very tired I did email them straight away but still waiting for a response the lounge was very noisy due to being next to the lift. On the plus side all of the staff that we dealt with were extremely helpful and nothing appeared to be too much trouble and of course the q member deals are good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Jane S,
Many thanks for your review. I am very pleased you found the team welcoming and very helpful. I did notice you indicated that you have sent us some feedback, I have not had this yet. Would you be so kind as to send this to me direct, so I can address it personally. My email address is cmarais@qhotels.co.uk.
Chris Marais
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 7th march, dinner bed breakfast deal for a trip to cambridge.
Check in was great, receptionist very attentive and explained everything.
We had a superior double, good and spacious, lovely bathroom with bath and shower. Free wifi which was great.
We ate in the restaurant- two courses each which we could not fault.. Highly recommend the crayfish bruschetta and sea bass for main. I asked to swap something on my meal and the gentleman ( who I assumed to be a manger) was very attentive and dealt with the request.
We used the spa facilities which were lovely and relaxing after a busy day.
First time I gave stayed here and would definitely stay again.
People who moan about the housing and supermarket near by,clearly the hotel was here first and it has no affect on the stay whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2014
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Loves_Holidays85,
Many thanks for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the location. I have shared your review with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel staff are excellent they were very helpful during our whole stay.the food is very tasty. The rooms and the whole hotel is very clean and tidy.basically I cannot find fault in this hotel. Try it I am so going back!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Juliejane4503,
Thank you for your great review. I really enjoyed reading it and pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your review with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly.
Eye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a loving relaxing stay here at the Belfry again. We stayed in one of the penthouse suites which are very spacious. I had a refreshing facial treatment which was carried out professionally and also used the pool, steam room and sauna. We ate in the main restaurant , service was excellent and good quality food. We had a very friendly waitress (Sherry) who explained about the local area and answered any questions that we had ,and also kindly asked if we needed any help with our luggage on arrival. The reception staff always have a smile and are eager to help and please. I must thank Mr Marais (the Operations Manager) for resolving a previous problem that we had. This was dealt with in a prompt and professional manner. We will certainly stay again sometime this year.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent in this hotel - have stayed on many occasions
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear cswright54,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent break with us! I will pass on your thanks to my team, specially Sherry and Chris, both of which I am very proud off! We hoe to welcome you back shortly.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have just worked at this hotel In my capacity as a Toastmaster for a Masonic Ladies Night , I was most impressed with the food and service.

Most outstanding was Callum who was my main contact for the evening, smart efficient as was the the team with him.

This Hotel certainly knows about staff training it really shows .
Tony Appleton Guild of International Professional Toastmasters

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jarkinson1,
Thank you for your great review! I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent event with us, and I will personally pass on your thanks, and mine to Callum.
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Tried to book for a February special, but no rooms available on this offer so agreed to book at a reasonable rate but needed to upgrade at an extra £20.
The hotel is in a new housing estate, with Morrisons across the road, don't expect a countryside setting. Use the A428 for access to almost anywhere!
Reception staff were excellent , so helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble.
Room was clean, good bathroom with free standing shower (but no shower cap amongst toiletries,housekeeper said they were not provided when asked).
The wardrobe and six hangers was only large enough for one person, (how we will manage for a formal function here in a few weeks I cannot imagine) and this was a superior double room!
We searched everywhere in the room for the safety deposit box but be warned there isn't one, valuables have to be left at reception, supposedly in safe, but they were often left on shelf at back in full view. This was a procedure involving the completion of forms in duplicate, the one having to be presented on reclaiming your items. The alternative was to take money, cards, i pad, laptop, car keys, camera, jewellery, etc. to breakfast, or go through the safety system before going to the pool.
Talking of the pool, very nice until you noticed the damaged plastic drain edging the pool (trip hazard) and the missing tiles in the spa pool. We were surprised at the lack of any supervision round the pool, very young children under age in spa pool (parents said no problem , they always go in), people wearing outdoor shoes round pool and people diving off pool steps, and pool reception area unmanned (we had to ask main reception to find someone to get us towels).
Ok hotel, but could be very good with more attention to detail and safety deposit boxes in the rooms.
No air con but fan supplied.
LOADS of free parking!

Room Tip: Don't pay to upgrade, only get standard room with a FEW toiletries and a dressing gown. Be warne...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear JMKSurrey,
Many thanks for your kind review. I was disappointed to read how unhappy you were that we have no safe's in our bedrooms. However I am pleased the team did offer the alternative and did follow the procedure. I am concerned about the comment regarding items being left on display, as this is not the procedure and certainly not what I have come across. We take our guests safety very seriously. Thank you for the feedback on the poolside.
I have put a note on your booking for when you return to us to put a shower cap in your room. Please do let us know if you would like some more hangers.
Look forward to welcoming you back shortly.
Chris Marais
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
#8 of 36 in Cambridge
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews
Hilton Cambridge City Centre
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!