“Close to business park”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Cairo, Egypt
“Close to business park”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel and it was very close to the business park which contains most of the companies in Cambourne. It is also very close to the large super market in this area.
We also enjoyed the breakfast and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Moh_Samir
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Moh_Samir

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about The Cambridge Belfry. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will be back to visit us next time you are in the area.

Craig Vines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my sister recently visited the Cambridge Belfry for a spa break. The break was inclusive of a two course lunch, three course dinner, breakfast, overnight stay, use of the spa facilities and two treatments each. On arrival we were able to check in to our room early prior to lunchtime. We could not fault the room or any facilities within and both had a very good nights sleep! We were impressed with the food throughout our stay with a varied choice available. The spa was very relaxing and not too busy enabling us to access all the facilities. Having both been looking forward to our treatments we were not left disappointed and throughly enjoyed being pampered by such lovely, professional staff. Lastly all the staff we encountered during or staff were very pleasant and polite. We have both expressed that we would most definitely return and recommended to family and friends. Thank you!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank KScho90
Dear KScho90

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was please to read that you both enjoyed your spa break with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team.

I hope to welcome you both back soon.

essex
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Booked a one night spa break, which included dinner, breakfast, lunch & two treatments. Check in was quick & easy, all efficiently done. Room was very good, large bed, tv, coffee/tea etc, the only thing that let it down was the b/room, which had a cracked sink & sealant peeling away from the tiles. Shower was excellent.
All the staff we met were polite, helpful & could'nt do enough for you .We used the spa facilities. The fitness suite was good & the steam/sauna rooms were ok, the pool was cold & the jacuzzi was good, apart from when they cleaned it & it never came back in use. The treatment i had were good, but due to staff shortages, my wife had to change hers. Food/service in the restaurant was excellent & bar prices were reasonable. Good time was had by us both.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear oysterman

Thank you for your recent review of The Cambridge Belfry. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Please accept my apologies for the disruptions in the Spa & Leisure Centre, whilst the issues you experienced were resolved quickly I have asked that a thorough check be carried out.

Once again thank you and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Using this hotel as a trainer has been excellent - everything went according to plan - and the staff were all very helpful. Attention to detail, good food, great room and food and refreshments that went like clockwork made this a very easy venue to work in......many thanks to all the very helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Gail B

Thank you for your recent post. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at The Cambridge Belfry and will be sure to share your kind comments with our team.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went for a couple's weekend in a party of 90. The experience is best illustrated by the fact that on one night they laid out 10 tables of 9 places! Reception was a long waiting process both at book in and book out. Hotel is uninspiring. Bedrooms good (ours was large and comfortable), except teacups not cleaned properly, but bedroom corridors are rather dingy. Food was very disappointing, even accepting this was mass catering, and one had to ask for things (like biscuits for cheese and cream for desserts) before they were provided. No draught beer because pump in bar broken (but did provide canned beer), and no coffee in bar one night because coffee machine broken. Not an experience we would seek to repeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear GPS2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Cambridge Belfry. I was disappointed to read that your overall experience was not enjoyable. My email address is cvines@qhotels.co.uk, I would be grateful if you would make contact with me directly so that we can discuss this further.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I wanted to treat my daughter to a weekend away at a nice hotel with a spa, gym and swimming pool. She has been studying hard and it was for a well deserved break.
It was disappointing as the two treatments we had were both originally on the dame day, we managed to get them changed to two early treatments because of three he. Parties being held at the dame time. The treatments were nice but not amazing although the girls were extremely pleasant. The pool area was horrible, the steam room and sauna could hardly be used because of said hen parties! The gym which we were looking forward to as gym users already was dirty, the equipment was difficult to understand. Most other people in there were struggling to understand how to make things work. The floor area was too small and there were things missing as in free weights etc. the gym balls needed air in them. Very very disappointing. The room was too small for two people and there was no clock. I had emailed in advance to ask about a fridge in the room for medication I needed to refrigerate and didn't ever get a response to my request. The only things that made it okay was the reception staff, they were brilliant, the guy at the bar who's name I believe was Liam, very professional and the restaurant manager, amazing. Would I recommend it, sadly not. It was too little for a lot of money. I'm going to egypt for two weeks in June for only £100 more. Can't justify the price, really sorry

Room Tip: Don't know the place well enough to comment
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jayne-LM

Thank you for your feedback. I would be most grateful if you would contact me to disccus the comments you have raised. My email address is cvines@qhotels.co.uk.

Operations Manager
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel has a good side but a dark side. The good side is if you are staying as a couple for one night it is fine. Then when staying for a masonic weekend a different story. When entering the dining hall on Friday night we found all the tables were laid up for 9 people and as we are 95% couples it seemed strange. The buffet was there between 7pm and 9pm but late arrivals had no food and also no where to sit as there were not enough tables laid. The no food also applied to the sweet coarse for earlier arrivals as well. There were no cheese biscuits brought out with the cheese and had to be asked for. The most frightening thing to see were bammberries being carried out by management and junior staff with meth lights not extinguished and full of boiling water which could have been a disaster. We took photo"s in disgust. to be placed in corridors and left. To continue when breakfast was served on Saturday morning the queue was very long because people were trying to obtain cerials in the middle of a queue trying to get hot food it did not work. I ordered salmon and when received it was a laugh and other friends agreed that five pieces of salmon the size of a 5p piece did no warrant extra charge.
Now we come to the dance floors for Friday and Saturday night. They were dangerous held together with gaffa tape as well as having the top surface missing in places. My wife would not dance as she considered it faulty and not up to the quality required. The person you let down invited 18 guests and felt ashamed !!!!. When trying to order a drink at the bar holding a £20.00 note I was told I am doing room service and also a telephone call was answered as well SERVICE !!!!!! I do not think so.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jlwt1908
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear jlwt1908,
Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read your feedback following your recent stay. I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss these comments further with you. My email address is cvines@qhotels.co.uk.

Craig Vines
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
Hotel Felix
#8 of 36 in Cambridge
Hilton Cambridge City Centre
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!