We have regularly stayed with Q hotels for the last 15 years indeed we stayed at this hotel when it first opened. This time we had booked a superior room for 2 nts with dinner on the 2nd night. The good points-Steph who greeted us on arrival at reception was great, helpful friendly and informative. We then went to our room, not in my view superior, there was dust on the shelves above the tea making facilities, cobwebs in the corner, the bathrobes had seen much better days in fact I have thrown better in the bin! The bathroom had stains on the floor and splash marks all down the side of the bath panel. Breakfast was ok on the first morning, the 2nd was a strange affair-we were told it was served until 9.30 at 8.40 just as we had ordered our poached eggs the hot buffet was removed and we were told we could order it from the waitress. My husband ordered sausage beans and ,mushrooms, having waited 15 mins for our eggs we were then asked if we wanted the eggs to accompany the other hot items we said no as they would be overdone having been ordered so long ago. Two minutes later the waitress brought the other items out, the look on her face said it all I have never seen such a measly portion possibly 1 mushroom a sausage which looked more like a chipolata and a very small spoonful of congealed beans the waitress was extremely apologetic but the plate went back, this is not the sort of standard we expect from a 4* hotel. We shall not be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne
- The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel Cambourne, Cambridgeshire