I visited the Belfry Spa for a full body massage this afternoon. I had been looking forward to it for a while, I had booked the day off work especially and put my child in nursery. I arrived early for my appointment and was told by the boys on reception to take a seat on the sofa in the next room and that someone would be with me shortly. After waiting twenty minutes, I returned to the reception to ask if I had got the time wrong. The girl who was waiting for me looked shocked that I was there and asked me if I had filled out a form and been registered. I said 'no', so by the time I had filled it out, paid £55 and been taken round to the spa room, we were running fifteen minutes late and I was asked if I would like a different treatment that would be shorter as she didn't really have the time to do a full body massage. I said no, I would like the full body massage that I had paid for, so she rushed through it and finished after forty/forty five minutes. She didn't apologise, just said that if I was not happy I should talk to the boys on reception about getting some money back. I got the impression that she didn't believe that I had spoken to anyone on reception initially. I did just that, I said to the boy, 'you did tell me to go and sit on the sofa, didn't you?' just to make sure I wasn't going mad. 'Yes I did' he said through gritted teeth. So when I asked for some money back, he grudgingly gave me £11 and again, no apology.
Very disappointing experience all in all, poor service and I certainly won't be going back there again. I expect to come out of a Spa feeling relaxed, not all fired up and ready to complain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne
- The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel Cambourne, Cambridgeshire