The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
US$112
  • Restaurant
US$195
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$107
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
1,903 results
All reviewsspa breakrelaxation roomlovely spaspa staffpenthouse suitepark and rideseparate showersteam roomhen weekendrestaurant staffsunday morningtwo night staytea and coffeebiscuitscambridge belfrybreakaway clubmorrisons
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Cambridge Belfry for two nights as a birthday present from me to my husband. We had had a stressful few weeks and needed a complete chill-out time. The hotel was just right. The room was lovely- comfortable, clean and with everything you could need. The staff were all helpful and friendly and the facilities: swimming pool, spa rooms and gym were perfect for what we wanted.
We ate in the hotel on our first night, in the bar, where the service was excellent, and the breakfast had a wide range of food to suit most tastes.
Cambourne itself, is a new town, with not a great deal to do, but you are so close to Cambridge, that it is easy to jump in the car and go there for a meal, cinema, theatre or whatever you want to do. We enjoyed a punt down the River Cam!
If I were to suggest anything that could be improved, I would say that basic information about the hotel such as a map, meal times etc. together with information about the local area would be useful to have in the room. Currently you have to go to Reception to find that info.
Sheila Greenacre

Room Tip: A room overlooking the lake was very pleasant
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila G
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Sheila G

I was pleased to read your recent review after staying with us at The Cambridge Belfry. My reception team are currently working on creating a new guest information pack so I will give your feedback to them. Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel which I will also share with my team.

I hope your husband enjoyed his birthday and that we will welcome you both back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had another several night stay here and felt much more positive after it. Couldn't fault the service at reception, breakfast, room service, bar or dinner. Bed was comfortable, a broken bulb was fixed as soon as feasible... well done to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are kept away from functions, but obviously ground floor to be avoided because of passing people!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear OckhamsRazor

Thank you so much for your kind comments about The Cambridge Belfry. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope that we will welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On returning here after an 18mth gap between visits we felt standards had slipped slightly and felt attention to detail wasn't as good as last time.
Room wans't ready at check in time and no robes available - no dinner reservations taken at this point therefore by the time we then tried to book only 6.45 & 8.45 slots available.
Spa was overbooked and quality of treatments definitely not as good as last time and no spare appointments to book an extra treatment that hadn't been pre-booked.
Stuart, one of the Duty Managers, took on the complaint and did his best to rectify but i think its fair to say we won't return here for a while if at all which is a great shame.

Dear KBoro

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. I am sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as your previous one, it was a very busy weekend for us and whilst that is good news for us I appreciate your frustration where we had not got preferred times or space available for you. Our restaurant does get extremely popular and we do advise our guests to pre-book, I hope you were able to enjoy your evening meal with us even if it was not at your preferred time.

May I thank you for your comments and your feedback about Stuart, the Duty Manager.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Cambridge Belfry again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I attended a Gala dinner at the Belfry and was so impressed by the hotel decor and facilities. The staff were very attentive and helpful. The meal arrived hot and well presented. I had a soup starter which was lovely. My chicken main was tasty but a little dry. Lemon desert was super.
A most enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: I didn't spend the night there, so can't comment there but I can imagine the rooms are wonderful

Dear Littleplum7

I was really pleased to read your review after attending a Gala Dinner at The Cambridge Belfry. I will share your kind comments with my team and would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We met here for a hen weekend - it started with a lunch in the bar which was really good and staff very pleasant. We were too early to book into our rooms (before 3pm) so we went off to the races and returned at 6.30pm to be told on checking in that unfortunately some of our rooms were not ready. We waited in the bar for half an hour - but we needed to change as we had a private dining room booked for 7.30pm. When we got to our room it was still not ready - bed unmade, other peoples towels in bath - bathroom 'used' - not happy - rang reception and told they would come and do it if we came back to the bar. Explained about the dining room booking and asked if they could bring us clean towels at least and then they could clean when we were at dinner - it was 7.15 by now - so rush rush rush - absolutely no apology offered.
Dinner was very average - but we had a murder mystery party so the food was not really a big deal. Our Bride did complain that the hot puddings were all cold, so they were replaced which took ages. She asked to see the duty manager and he came and asked what the problem was, and on hearing about the rooms all he did was say that they had been terribly busy the night before which meant they did not get everything ready for us on time - again not much of an apology but he offered us a free bottle of wine and a jug of cocktails in the bar (for 15 people). It was a difficult situation because 1 person had booked everything and nobody likes to make a fuss when you are with friends on a fun weekend.
The beds were very comfortable.
The next morning breakfast was average and then we had appointments booked at the Spa.
Because it took quite a while for them to sort out who was having which treatment we started late and I only got a 15m massage when I had booked and was expecting 1 hour ! The girl was very nice, but new and she had been told I was having a half hour massage then another
half hour treatment - all the other girls had similar problems and our hostess had to go and sort out their appointment book for them.
It was a fun weekend but I wouldn't rush back. We all know that someone has been in the bedroom before us, but it is unpleasant to actually see the evidence.

Dear Suzanne B

Thank you for your recent review of The Cambridge Belfry. Please accept my apologies that you have had cause to complain about some aspects of your stay. We have already had feedback from the Bride to be and apologised to her directly. Please be assured that your comments have been taken seriously and have been shared with my team.