The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Golden Lion(St Ives)
US$112
  • Restaurant
US$195
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,903 results
All reviewsspa breakrelaxation roomlovely spaspa staffpenthouse suitepark and rideseparate showersteam roomhen weekendrestaurant staffsunday morningtwo night staytea and coffeebiscuitscambridge belfrybreakaway clubmorrisons
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked a stay at the hotel and spa for a hen weekend. We couldnt fault the hotel facilities itself but a member of our party was verbally abused by another hotel guest and myself and when reported to management, their response was because they had not witnessed it themselves there was not much they could do.
Upon checkout I spoke with another manager who promised to contact me on tuesday (today) & has not done so.
Therefore I would not recommend anyone to visit this hotel/spa as I feel that they condone their guests to abuse other guests and not respond to complaints appropriately.
Not even an apology was received from the manager I reported the issue to!!!!! Disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank julesgb
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear julesgb

I am sorry to hear that you had cause to complain after your recent visit and you were not contacted by the manager you spoke with on the day. I would be grateful if you would contact Laura our Spa Supervisor with your details so that she may investigate and come back to you. cambridgebelfryspa@qhotels.co.uk

Craig Vines
Operations Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A nice friendly hotel, well spread out with plenty of facilities. Having said that it is a wee bit soulless. Perfect for a night or two !! Free wifi and plenty of parking. Restaurant / bar with nice lake view but again both are lacking personality.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Alanshepherd

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your visit to The Cambridge Belfry. I have noted your comments and will share them with my management team. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and that we will welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with other family members to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday and his retirement.

The hotel is modern, in pleasant surroundings with it's own lake, tennis court, pool and spa. It also has plenty of parking.

The staff are amazing, very friendly and welcoming and make you feel completely at ease.

Our rooms were clean and spacious and my mum and dad (who are regular Q Hotel visitors) were upgraded to a suite with it's own jacuzzi!

We had a late lunch on Friday afternoon and were on dinner bed & breakfast throughout our stay. All the meals we ate were delicious and the breakfasts were excellent.

Cambourne is situated only a few miles from Madingley Park & Ride which runs a very efficient service into Cambridge City Centre. After punting on the river and a little shopping we headed back to the hotel and spent some time together in the pool which was very relaxing.

It was a wonderful weekend made more enjoyable by the relaxing atmosphere at this hotel and I can see why my parents visit it so often.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie R

Dear Natalie R

Thank you so much for your kind feedback in your recent review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that your Dad enjoyed his double celebration. I will share your comments with my team and do hope to welcome you all back again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February before valentines weekend as it was busy last year...

Have stayed here in the past.

Booked two spa treatments - turned up at spa reception to find out one had been cancelled due to staff shortages so had to settle for another one instead. Apparently spa staff had tried to contact me but left no voicemail messages (I carry my phone with me all the time)

Spa facilities were still awful. Towels still left every where in changing rooms as well as robes. Floor was dirty and messy.

Have read up and spa manager started in June last year? Yet 6 months on spa facilities awful and nothing changed.

This is a shame as the rest of hotel is lovely-we ate at the hotel for two night and ate both nights. Restaurant staff so friendly and polite. Reception staff are an asset to the hotel-they should get recognised more...

Just a shame that the spa staff cancel appointments - it hasn't happened just to me. Management need to actually do something about this as when I went back in April the same thing happened-cancelling of people's treatments, messy changing rooms and towels every where-dirty ones!! (I find this a regular occurrence)

Spa facility needs to change- perhaps management need to listen and read what people are writing and change the way the spa facility is run. Perhaps a change of manger?, as nearly a year on, changing rooms are still a disgrace, and now appointments get changed without given customer notice until they turn up!

Such a shame spa let's hotel down as the rest of hotel and staff are fabulous. Spa staff and facilities have a lot to be desired

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Natasha F

Thank you for taking the time to review The Cambridge Belfry after staying with us in February and April. I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service you received. I would ask that you contact my Operations Manager, Craig Vines directly so that he can talk with you about the comments that you have made and some of the projects we are working on. His email address is cvines@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went for a massage and spa day and overall not great. Facilities were ok, nothing amazing but price reflected that. What was frustrating was that I assumed it would be for adults but in fact there were babies and children in the pool and a fair bit of screaming etc. Then my massage started over 10 minutes late but finished bang on time so was much shorter than what i paid for and the masseuse kept leaving the room! The pressure was also very weak and it was not a good massage.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dain S
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Dain S

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa day at The Cambridge Belfry. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your treatment and that it started late. The Spa team pride themselves on the services they offer and I am sure like me they will be disappointed with your comments. I will make sure that this valuable feedback is shared with them.

Once again thank you and I hope you will be back again in the near future.