“Very good value shopping break.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value shopping break.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent two night stay, which included two breakfasts, one evening meal, a free bucks fizz because of the football and £30 of shopping vouchers. An excellent deal.
The hotel room was bright and clean and the service was very good. the staff on reception were very polite and helpful and the food and service in the restaurant were excellent.
I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to a friend..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Noiram

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, you picked a great weekend for the weather.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mike Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Australian Universities team, which is endorsed by Cricket Australia and whose Patron is Prime Minister Tony Abbott, stayed at the Belfry for its two-day cricket match at Fenner's against Cambridge University.
The Belfry is close enough to St Neots and Cambridge railway stations, making the journey to the hotel convenient for our players.
Having been given some ridiculous quotes for inferior hotels in the middle of Cambridge, we chose the Belfry ... and didn't regret it.
The pool, breakfasts and dinners were excellent ... and we won the match by 239 runs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear timnewhouse

Many thanks for your kind review and good to hear that you were victorious, unfortunatly not something that is that uncommon when Australia play England.
We hope to see you again one day.
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have just recently come back from a wonderful weekend at the Cambridge Belfry. The weekend had been organised by my mum to celebrate my dads 60th Birthday and Retirement. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcomed. The staff are warm, friendly and engaging and nothing is too much trouble for them. They greet you with a smile and make you feel at ease. The checking in process was completed quickly and with ease which allowed us to make our way to our rooms and unpack. We had a wonderful lunch on the patio area in glorious sunshine. The food was delightful and presented beautifully. The waitress, Katie, was welcoming and very sweet. She chatted with my dad and answered his many questions with a smile!!
We had a few surprises planned for my dad.....one of these being an inflatable Zimmer frame and walking stick.......the staff were incredibly helpful in getting these 'extra treats' set up and ensured that they were presented to him upon his arrival to the very busy restaurant!!!!! Payback time for the daughters!!! :-)
The hotel was clean throughout and you can tell the cleaning staff take pride in their work.
A wonderful weekend was had by all. Thank you to all at The Cambridge Belfry for making it such a relaxing and enjoyable time. Sadly we have now returned home and back to work!!!! Looking forward to another stay in the not too distant future.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Donna0221

I was really pleased to read your feedback after staying at The Cambridge Belfry for your Dad’s celebration weekend. It is always good to know that my team were able to assist you with your special plans and I am glad the event was a success. I will share your comments with the team members involved and personally thank Katie. I look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked a stay at the hotel and spa for a hen weekend. We couldnt fault the hotel facilities itself but a member of our party was verbally abused by another hotel guest and myself and when reported to management, their response was because they had not witnessed it themselves there was not much they could do.
Upon checkout I spoke with another manager who promised to contact me on tuesday (today) & has not done so.
Therefore I would not recommend anyone to visit this hotel/spa as I feel that they condone their guests to abuse other guests and not respond to complaints appropriately.
Not even an apology was received from the manager I reported the issue to!!!!! Disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank julesgb
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear julesgb

I am sorry to hear that you had cause to complain after your recent visit and you were not contacted by the manager you spoke with on the day. I would be grateful if you would contact Laura our Spa Supervisor with your details so that she may investigate and come back to you. cambridgebelfryspa@qhotels.co.uk

Craig Vines
Operations Manager
Kilkenny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A nice friendly hotel, well spread out with plenty of facilities. Having said that it is a wee bit soulless. Perfect for a night or two !! Free wifi and plenty of parking. Restaurant / bar with nice lake view but again both are lacking personality.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Alanshepherd

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your visit to The Cambridge Belfry. I have noted your comments and will share them with my management team. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and that we will welcome you back again soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with other family members to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday and his retirement.

The hotel is modern, in pleasant surroundings with it's own lake, tennis court, pool and spa. It also has plenty of parking.

The staff are amazing, very friendly and welcoming and make you feel completely at ease.

Our rooms were clean and spacious and my mum and dad (who are regular Q Hotel visitors) were upgraded to a suite with it's own jacuzzi!

We had a late lunch on Friday afternoon and were on dinner bed & breakfast throughout our stay. All the meals we ate were delicious and the breakfasts were excellent.

Cambourne is situated only a few miles from Madingley Park & Ride which runs a very efficient service into Cambridge City Centre. After punting on the river and a little shopping we headed back to the hotel and spent some time together in the pool which was very relaxing.

It was a wonderful weekend made more enjoyable by the relaxing atmosphere at this hotel and I can see why my parents visit it so often.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie R
Dear Natalie R

Thank you so much for your kind feedback in your recent review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that your Dad enjoyed his double celebration. I will share your comments with my team and do hope to welcome you all back again in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February before valentines weekend as it was busy last year...

Have stayed here in the past.

Booked two spa treatments - turned up at spa reception to find out one had been cancelled due to staff shortages so had to settle for another one instead. Apparently spa staff had tried to contact me but left no voicemail messages (I carry my phone with me all the time)

Spa facilities were still awful. Towels still left every where in changing rooms as well as robes. Floor was dirty and messy.

Have read up and spa manager started in June last year? Yet 6 months on spa facilities awful and nothing changed.

This is a shame as the rest of hotel is lovely-we ate at the hotel for two night and ate both nights. Restaurant staff so friendly and polite. Reception staff are an asset to the hotel-they should get recognised more...

Just a shame that the spa staff cancel appointments - it hasn't happened just to me. Management need to actually do something about this as when I went back in April the same thing happened-cancelling of people's treatments, messy changing rooms and towels every where-dirty ones!! (I find this a regular occurrence)

Spa facility needs to change- perhaps management need to listen and read what people are writing and change the way the spa facility is run. Perhaps a change of manger?, as nearly a year on, changing rooms are still a disgrace, and now appointments get changed without given customer notice until they turn up!

Such a shame spa let's hotel down as the rest of hotel and staff are fabulous. Spa staff and facilities have a lot to be desired

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Natasha F

Thank you for taking the time to review The Cambridge Belfry after staying with us in February and April. I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service you received. I would ask that you contact my Operations Manager, Craig Vines directly so that he can talk with you about the comments that you have made and some of the projects we are working on. His email address is cvines@qhotels.co.uk

Mike Evans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
#8 of 36 in Cambridge
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews
Hilton Cambridge City Centre
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!