“Disappointing”

The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been using The Cambridge Belfry Spa since it opened. I am a local. Today was the last straw. You have lost a customer. I still have credit on a gift card but will not be using it. Some of your spa staff are really are not to be recommended. The Spa does not seems to be able to keep GOOD qualified staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank J S
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear J S

I am really sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience in our Spa this week. I would be grateful if you could contact either myself or our Leisure & Spa manager Matthew on 01954 714600 to discuss this.

Craig Vines
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel on Wednesday night, the hotel was full to the rafters.
Although my room was fine and very spacious my view was the rubbish bins and delivery entrance. At around midnight there was a huge noise when the bottles from the function that evening were emptied into bins and then from5am, the deliveries started.
Spa area lovely especially at 6.30am as I had given up trying to sleep
Diner the previous evening in the restaurant looked like a good idea and the menu looked inviting, ordered the soup and then a haloumi salad.
Just to get the order taken took forever as the restaurant was full with only 2 staff on duty.
Such a shame really as the food was lovely when it finally arrived.
Breakfast was better as there were plenty of people around. The hotel is lovely and there seems to be plenty of staff walking around but it just seems ages to get anything.
I would like to say the reception team were friendly,helpful and a real credit to the hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carrie W
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Carrie W

Thank you for your recent review after staying at The Cambridge Belfry. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments and will discuss them with the relevant heads of department so that improvements can be made.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about my team, I will of course share these with them and I know they will be pleased.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in order to attend a wedding close by. We found it to be one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We found the food to be excellent and the whole place wonderfully clean and comfortable. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear elwatford

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay. I will share your comments with the team, i know they will appreciate them.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent two night stay, which included two breakfasts, one evening meal, a free bucks fizz because of the football and £30 of shopping vouchers. An excellent deal.
The hotel room was bright and clean and the service was very good. the staff on reception were very polite and helpful and the food and service in the restaurant were excellent.
I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to a friend..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Noiram

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, you picked a great weekend for the weather.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Australian Universities team, which is endorsed by Cricket Australia and whose Patron is Prime Minister Tony Abbott, stayed at the Belfry for its two-day cricket match at Fenner's against Cambridge University.
The Belfry is close enough to St Neots and Cambridge railway stations, making the journey to the hotel convenient for our players.
Having been given some ridiculous quotes for inferior hotels in the middle of Cambridge, we chose the Belfry ... and didn't regret it.
The pool, breakfasts and dinners were excellent ... and we won the match by 239 runs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear timnewhouse

Many thanks for your kind review and good to hear that you were victorious, unfortunatly not something that is that uncommon when Australia play England.
We hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have just recently come back from a wonderful weekend at the Cambridge Belfry. The weekend had been organised by my mum to celebrate my dads 60th Birthday and Retirement. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcomed. The staff are warm, friendly and engaging and nothing is too much trouble for them. They greet you with a smile and make you feel at ease. The checking in process was completed quickly and with ease which allowed us to make our way to our rooms and unpack. We had a wonderful lunch on the patio area in glorious sunshine. The food was delightful and presented beautifully. The waitress, Katie, was welcoming and very sweet. She chatted with my dad and answered his many questions with a smile!!
We had a few surprises planned for my dad.....one of these being an inflatable Zimmer frame and walking stick.......the staff were incredibly helpful in getting these 'extra treats' set up and ensured that they were presented to him upon his arrival to the very busy restaurant!!!!! Payback time for the daughters!!! :-)
The hotel was clean throughout and you can tell the cleaning staff take pride in their work.
A wonderful weekend was had by all. Thank you to all at The Cambridge Belfry for making it such a relaxing and enjoyable time. Sadly we have now returned home and back to work!!!! Looking forward to another stay in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: June 2014
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Donna0221

I was really pleased to read your feedback after staying at The Cambridge Belfry for your Dad’s celebration weekend. It is always good to know that my team were able to assist you with your special plans and I am glad the event was a success. I will share your comments with the team members involved and personally thank Katie. I look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked a stay at the hotel and spa for a hen weekend. We couldnt fault the hotel facilities itself but a member of our party was verbally abused by another hotel guest and myself and when reported to management, their response was because they had not witnessed it themselves there was not much they could do.
Upon checkout I spoke with another manager who promised to contact me on tuesday (today) & has not done so.
Therefore I would not recommend anyone to visit this hotel/spa as I feel that they condone their guests to abuse other guests and not respond to complaints appropriately.
Not even an apology was received from the manager I reported the issue to!!!!! Disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank julesgb
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear julesgb

I am sorry to hear that you had cause to complain after your recent visit and you were not contacted by the manager you spoke with on the day. I would be grateful if you would contact Laura our Spa Supervisor with your details so that she may investigate and come back to you. cambridgebelfryspa@qhotels.co.uk

Craig Vines
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Ramada Cambridge
Ramada Cambridge
#1 of 1 in Boxworth

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!