“Nice hotel with a few pit falls”

The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Walton, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel with a few pit falls”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We attended a Ladies Masonic Festival at his hotel and they made a very good job of the organisation of the event. The service during the gala dinner was outstanding. The staff were friendly and willing to help in anyway they could. The down sides, whilst maybe considered minor did result in the hotel not getting a mark of five. A soda water when purchased with other drinks was charged at 85p, this to all intense and purposes cost the hotel nothing. We had three meals sitting next to windows at three different tables and the windowsills were very dirty with old food. dust and rubbish on them.Finally we both ordered an omelette and it took an age to arrive and was inedible so avoid ordering this at all costs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine W
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Christine W

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel after attending a Masonic Festival with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and I have taken the comments you make about the restaurant on board. I will make sure this important feedback is shared with the team so that they can address it quickly.

Once again thank you and I hope to welcome you back to The Cambridge Belfry again.

Mike Evans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Korean first
Pencoed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Just spent five nights here with forty others viewing the architectural gems of Cambridgeshire. Outstanding and polite service from a very well trained and charming staff, very comfortable and clean. Breakfast the best meal, vegetables could have stayed in the hot water a mite longer, vegetarians very well catered for and food imaginative and interesting. Well done TCB.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Christina E

I was really pleased to read your comments after your party stayed with us at The Cambridge Belfry. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel and thank you for your kind comments about my team. I know the Chef was made aware of your feedback about the vegetables and I hope that they were well cooked for all of the other meals.

London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Needed a bath and a comfy bed after cycling around Cambridge. Hotel is well presented with nice landscaping. Friendly welcome at reception. Modern spacious bedroom with separate bath and shower. Comfy bed.

Nice pool area with sauna and steam room which worked a treat on sore legs. One of the guests mentioned that some of the Tour de France cyclists stayed at the hotel before they set off for London.

Dinner and breakfast in the restaurant was very good.

Lovely hotel, pleasant staff and offering good value - would recommend the Cambridge Belfry to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lake view seem to be the most pleasant. There are a lot of rooms on the ground floor i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear damian_connolly

Thank you for your recent review of The Cambridge Belfry. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with my team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

March, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Belfry means a lot to us, and so was our perfect choice for our wedding. Kirsten was our wedding co-ordinator and could not do enough to ensure that our special day was organised to the last detail. We had many questions and changed things around a few times, and Kirsten was happy to accommodate our requests with no hassle. Callum was on hand on the day and ensured that everything ran smoothly and co-ordinated us to where we needed to be and when. The hotel staff were all friendly and couldn't do enough to accommodate all our friends and family and we were welcomed throughout the hotel over the wedding weekend and greeted with that special touch by everyone, and even a glass of champagne at dinner the night after. We couldn't recommend this hotel more to anyone looking to plan their perfect day. It really did make our happily ever after. Mr & Mrs Ellis :)

Room Tip: Junior Suites and Bentley Penthouse are recommended
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Vicky E

Congratulations to you both. I was so pleased to read your comments and happy that both you and your guests had an enjoyable day. I will certainly share your comments with my team and thank both Kirsten and Callum for their efforts.

Wishing you the best for the future and hopefully we will see you at The Cambridge Belfry again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Myself and three friends stayed here recently on a Shopping Break. Two nights B&B with dinner on the first night and £30 of shopping vouchers per room. We selected the hotel because of its tennis court, swimming pool and location. It was fab on all three accounts! The breakfasts were delicious - though it could be a little busy and food did run out, though it was replaced albeit a little slowly - and dinner on the first night was good too. The staff were very friendly, and helpful, especially when we missed the bus into town! But the taxi ride, between four of us, worked out to be fairly reasonable. The only thing that could be said is that a little attention to the rear of the property in the way of planting would improve the outside sitting/tennis area. A few huge terracotta plant pots planted with brightly coloured geraniums is fairly cheap and would be very effective. Anyway, this 4 star hotel will be top of our list for future breaks to Cambridge and the surrounding area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 007skier

I was really pleased to read your review of our hotel. I am glad that both you and your friends enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to welcoming you back again! Your comments have been taken on board about the exterior and I will discuss them with our gardener.

Thank you for your comments.

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been using The Cambridge Belfry Spa since it opened. I am a local. Today was the last straw. You have lost a customer. I still have credit on a gift card but will not be using it. Some of your spa staff are really are not to be recommended. The Spa does not seems to be able to keep GOOD qualified staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank J S
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear J S

I am really sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience in our Spa this week. I would be grateful if you could contact either myself or our Leisure & Spa manager Matthew on 01954 714600 to discuss this.

Craig Vines
Operations Manager
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel on Wednesday night, the hotel was full to the rafters.
Although my room was fine and very spacious my view was the rubbish bins and delivery entrance. At around midnight there was a huge noise when the bottles from the function that evening were emptied into bins and then from5am, the deliveries started.
Spa area lovely especially at 6.30am as I had given up trying to sleep
Diner the previous evening in the restaurant looked like a good idea and the menu looked inviting, ordered the soup and then a haloumi salad.
Just to get the order taken took forever as the restaurant was full with only 2 staff on duty.
Such a shame really as the food was lovely when it finally arrived.
Breakfast was better as there were plenty of people around. The hotel is lovely and there seems to be plenty of staff walking around but it just seems ages to get anything.
I would like to say the reception team were friendly,helpful and a real credit to the hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carrie W
Dear Carrie W

Thank you for your recent review after staying at The Cambridge Belfry. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments and will discuss them with the relevant heads of department so that improvements can be made.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about my team, I will of course share these with them and I know they will be pleased.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Mike Evans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#13 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!