My daughter and I went here for a spa treat for her birthday, we arrived early but the staff happily let us have our room. The room was lovely and clean, although there was only one towel - we went back to reception and told a different receptionist we need another towel - she insisted there were two, after an exchange of words she said she would send another to our room - she didnt (and I knew she wouldnt!) so at 10 pm we had to ask again for another towel - different receptionist different attitude - got towel.
The pool was very cold, but the whirlpool was hot. Changing room is cold and far to small. Went into 'Reflections' for spa treatment - Rachel did a lovely massage. Must say the recemption bit of Reflections wasnt very clean - sides of desk dirty - carpet needs a good hoover, again this area was far too small.
The food was lovely - no complaint whatsoever and the tall barman cheerful and helpful but the bar area needs a good clean - the mirrors where there are sofas were fillthy with peoples head marks and every surface need a polish - dust everywhere!
we had a lovely lunch, dinner and breakfast was first class - only complaint was that one of the waitresses on dinner service - actually I think she was the only waitress cos one was at the desk - anyway, she spoke very poor english and we struggled to get her to understand us, we only had one course and it took over 1-1/2 hours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne
- The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel Cambourne, Cambridgeshire