The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Hotel Felix(Cambridge)
Golden Lion(St Ives)
  • Restaurant
1,889 results
All reviewsspa breakrelaxation roomlovely spaspa staffpenthouse suitepark and rideseparate showersteam roomhen weekendrestaurant staffsunday morningtwo night staytea and coffeebiscuitscambridge belfrybreakaway clubmorrisons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2011

The hotel was very clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. The only bug bear that we found was that the service in the restaurant was dreadfully slow. We waited an hour for our starter and the spa did not have a big enough relaxation area and there were lots of children around. The treatments were excellent however and we found this trip very good value.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2011

What a fantastic time we have just had. 7 ladies for a one night spa break. Excellent value. The treatments were top class. I've been to some posh spas in my time and the quality of these FREE treatments are just as good. One friend was unable to have her treatments due to a medical condition, so they refunded her, without us asking. The food was a great. Rooms very clean and comfortable. I can't fault it. Brillant value for money. All staff we encountered were very friendly. We just need an excuse to come back again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I stay with Q hotels regularly, including Nottingham, Stratford, Oxford and my company has a corporate account with The Queens where I stay monthly. A fantastic chain until I stayed at this hotel. My first room had no hot water, I was then moved to another room and upgraded. I ordered room service at 7:45 with an ETA of 30 mins max, at 9pm no food. I called reception to chase and told I would be called back. 9:15 still food arrives - cold, and no callback from reception. I again call reception - her response - "well it's not my fault". I them walked my food down to the bar myself and requested it was re-cooked and that I would wait. Food delivered to me at bar within 5 mins, take back to my room - sane food. Within minutes door knocks and correct food delivered.

• Stayed: February 2011
KristianCampbell, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Thank you for your feedback Mr Williams. I am sorry you found the service below our usually high standards. I am glad a team member was able to replace your panini without onions but do apologise for the delay in arrival of the food.
Kind regards
Kristian Campbell

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I recently stayed at the Belfry for a Hen Weekend. There was a group of 10 girls and everyone was more than happy with our weekend break. Considering there were a few of us, nothing was too much trouble & everything was ready for us when we arrived. Our upgrade to the Penthouse Suite certainly made a big impact on our stay. The treatments were good & the Spa area was nice (if a little busy!). Everyone commented on how lovely the food was for lunch, dinner & breakfast. We had such a good weekend that I have re-booked to come back with my Husband for my 30th Birthday.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank TomoLondon
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Booked this hotel as a spa weekend treat with 4 friends. Great value for money including dinner, breakfast and lunch, 2 treatments and use of facilities.
Lovely treatments and great choice.
Lovely bedrooms and fantastic bathrooms with great seperate shower - although dodgy shower pressure at times. They did apologise for temp control issue over the weekend we stayed...and we did notice it was chilly on the Saturday, but very hot over night and on Sunday AM. Too hot to get in the bed!! I had to sleep on top of it.
There was a party on the night we stayed which meant part of our group were bounced out of their beds by the music until 1AM. Not good on what is supposed to be a relaxing break.
Also, the pool area is not the best for a spa break. There are only 6 sunloungers, in the pool area. We were expecting to be able to lounge around the pool area for most of the day between treatments, but you can't do that as there is no where to sit. There is also no where to hang gowns and towels so everyone places them around the pool side or hangs them on anything possible...including the disability lift. All it takes is to hang some hooks on the vast amount of wall space available! They had too many spa guests too - not enough room for everyone. They should limit the numbers allowed on any day/weekend.
Treatments were lovely, great staff, very friendly. Lovely dinner. Staff could be more attentive at dinner and breakfast - waiting 20 mins to be offered hot drinks at breakfast before giving up and asking someone. But staff are very willing to do all they can for you. They brought me skimmed milk when I asked if they had any! Lovely breakfast selection.
All in all a great stay, but very disappointed at the pool area. Wouldn't stay there for a spa break again due to lack of space in pool area. I know other hotels which offer better facilities for this purpose.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
KristianCampbell, Operations Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback on your spa break here at the hotel. I am glad you found it to be of good value and enjoyed both the facilities and treatments. We have since looked into the heating fluctuation and resolved with our in house maintenance team.
I am sorry you found the Spa too busy over the weekend you stayed, we are currently looking into options to accomodate our high demand during our popular Saturdays.

Kind regards