The staff were charming and helpful, the breakfast was excellent and there was real coffee in the room - these all very much appreciated.. Our room (number 8) was disappointing though; the sink didn't drain properly (I had to wash my face using the bath tap in the end), the toilet wobbled on its base, the WiFi wasn't working either in the room or the bar area (but did the following morning in the dining room), for some reason there was only one bedside light..all incrediblely annoying. First impressions of this hotel were good, but it was soon apparent that much more care was required in the detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peak District hotel and restaurant, The Maynard, was refurbished in March 2008 to become one of the best independent hotels in the Peak District. The building dates back over 100 years and during the refurbishment we have tried to respect this heritage whilst at the same time bringing the accommodation up to 21st century contemporary standards. The Peak District views from the garden, restaurant and bedrooms are stunning, and may leave you wondering if you’re miles from civilisation. Fortunately, as well as benefiting from a beautiful and tranquil location, The Maynard is very well located for visitor's from the outside world; The Maynard is less than 15 minutes from Sheffield by train (you can hop off at Grindleford station a couple of hundred yards from our door), and within easy reach of the M1, A57 Snake Pass and A61 by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your The Maynard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maynard Hotel Grindleford
- The Maynard Grindleford, Peak District National Park