Excellent value two night break including breakfasts, one evening meal, tickets to Chatsworth House and a packed lunch. Hotel staff were friendly and attentive - nothing was too much trouble. The food in both the restaurant and bar was first class. Our room was spacious, clean and in excellent decorative order as were the public areas of the hotel. The walking guides provided by the hotel were well written, easy to follow and informative. We are very likely to stay again at The Maynard to explore more of The Peak District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peak District hotel and restaurant, The Maynard, was refurbished in March 2008 to become one of the best independent hotels in the Peak District. The building dates back over 100 years and during the refurbishment we have tried to respect this heritage whilst at the same time bringing the accommodation up to 21st century contemporary standards. The Peak District views from the garden, restaurant and bedrooms are stunning, and may leave you wondering if you’re miles from civilisation. Fortunately, as well as benefiting from a beautiful and tranquil location, The Maynard is very well located for visitor's from the outside world; The Maynard is less than 15 minutes from Sheffield by train (you can hop off at Grindleford station a couple of hundred yards from our door), and within easy reach of the M1, A57 Snake Pass and A61 by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Maynard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maynard Hotel Grindleford
- The Maynard Grindleford, Peak District National Park