Pleasant building overlooking well kept gardens. Interior decor very tired and in parts scruffy. This hotel must be the coldest in the country. We had a suite with separate lounge area. The heating was on so low we had been given a portable electric heater to use. No heating in the bathroom which was icy. The bed felt damp and the heating was totally inadequate for the size of the suite. The food in the bar was adequate, nothing special but the breakfast was very tasty. Would not rush back unless they were experiencing a heatwave in Grindleforth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peak District hotel and restaurant, The Maynard, was refurbished in March 2008 to become one of the best independent hotels in the Peak District. The building dates back over 100 years and during the refurbishment we have tried to respect this heritage whilst at the same time bringing the accommodation up to 21st century contemporary standards. The Peak District views from the garden, restaurant and bedrooms are stunning, and may leave you wondering if you’re miles from civilisation. Fortunately, as well as benefiting from a beautiful and tranquil location, The Maynard is very well located for visitor's from the outside world; The Maynard is less than 15 minutes from Sheffield by train (you can hop off at Grindleford station a couple of hundred yards from our door), and within easy reach of the M1, A57 Snake Pass and A61 by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Maynard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maynard Hotel Grindleford
- The Maynard Grindleford, Peak District National Park