Excellent food very well priced and friendly service. Note rooms overlooking road can be very traffic noisy. Bedrooms are cold and in need of updating and refurbishment. They are generally tired and a little shabby considering the prices. We stayed in a 'Superior' room which was 'basic'. There was an unsighly plastic over-flow pipe sticking out into the toilet and the toilet fittings were discoloured. The room smelt of smoke and the radio alarm kept waking us up with interference from mobile phones. Our daughter found her 'Z' bed basic and uncomfortable. Overall a disatisfactory experience considering the cost and qulaity of the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peak District hotel and restaurant, The Maynard, was refurbished in March 2008 to become one of the best independent hotels in the Peak District. The building dates back over 100 years and during the refurbishment we have tried to respect this heritage whilst at the same time bringing the accommodation up to 21st century contemporary standards. The Peak District views from the garden, restaurant and bedrooms are stunning, and may leave you wondering if you’re miles from civilisation. Fortunately, as well as benefiting from a beautiful and tranquil location, The Maynard is very well located for visitor's from the outside world; The Maynard is less than 15 minutes from Sheffield by train (you can hop off at Grindleford station a couple of hundred yards from our door), and within easy reach of the M1, A57 Snake Pass and A61 by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Maynard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maynard Hotel Grindleford
- The Maynard Grindleford, Peak District National Park