Paradiso Hostel
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
US$60
US$44
Hotel El Conquistador(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$63
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree kayaksday tripping pongprivate roomgreat placepool tableroom numberfood and drinksfloating dockfree coffee teagorgeous locationcrepesbeach chairsshared bathroomview is amazingwater temperaturepaddle boards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Wow, just wow. We had initially intended to go on a day trip from Granada, but the day before decided to take our bags with us and we were SO glad that we did!
We stayed in the 12 bed dorm which was very spacious and has a bathroom. In the morning you could see the sunrise and the lake from the beds!
As mentioned in many other reviews, the food is brilliant and the steak is too good to miss.
All the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and helped us with how to move on from there.
The lake is nice and clean to swim in and paradiso offer free use of kayaks and a rubber ring. We stayed 3 nights in total but could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Did the day trip from Granada to here and had an absolutely relaxing time. Couldn't see myself spending more than a day here as you are very limited as to what you can do. The 5 hour day trip was almost beyond my limit.

The hostel however, provided a great service for the day. The staff were excellent, the food was pretty good and the lake was perfect to swim and kayak around. A great relaxing day

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I did not stay at the hostel, but I did spend half a day experiencing Laguna Apoyo on the hostel grounds. The taxi driver that brought my boyfriend and me from Granada to Laguna Apoyo recommended the hostel to us, and I’m glad he did! I will admit that I was a little unsure when he suggested that we enjoy the lagoon at a hostel, but the grounds were beautiful and the staff was friendly. Beers, water, and food are cheap and the atmosphere was very laid back.

The pictures speak for themselves!

Room Tip: There is a bathroom/shower available for day guests where we were able to change into/ out of our bathing suits.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 days in a Triple room ($40 per night) and LOVED it! This property is beautiful, drinks are cheap, and the food was some of the best we had on our trip, go for the steak! The staff was really helpful, the beach was clean, and there were lots of places to hang out and relax. I highly recommend staying (and eating!) here. It was busy and full but we never felt that it was too loud or crazy, really nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: The triple was at the top of the property so farther away from the noise which was nice for children
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night at the Hostel Paradiso in April. We took a shuttle from our hostel in Granada that cost $3 each. The Hostel Paradiso had everything we could need - great food, lots of drink options. It was a bit pricier by Nicaraguan standards, but well worth it. They have kayaks and innertubes as well as a floating dock that are available for anyone to use. There is also a ping pong table and a volleyball court. Once you are on the property, you pretty much have to stay there; there's not other places around to walk to other than a few other hostels. The Laguna was beautiful and perfect for swimming. Fair warning: the hostel is cash only and you pay upon check out. They charge all your food and drinks to your room as you go. It's known as being a quieter hostel. This is the perfect place to stay for friends or families - there were two families staying there and I believe they have bigger rooms with up to four beds. You definitely won't regret your stay here!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends